“Excellent old town hotel ” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Adler
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rosengasse 10, Zurich 8001, Switzerland (Old Town)   |
Ranked #22 of 123 Hotels in Zurich
Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent old town hotel ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hotel Adler for one night when in Zurich to visit the Christmas markets. The hotel was perfectly positioned, in the Centre of the Old Town. The room was beautiful, with excellent quality linens and furniture and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was slightly dated but had a very good shower and was nice and roomy. We had no problems with noise overnight. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice. We would stay here again when we are next in Zurich.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is located in Niederdorf close to the train station, the opera, the concert hall, the art museum and many more interesting spots. It is a small and simple hotel in very good condition. The rooms are nice and quiet despite being in the middle of lively Niederdorf. The staff ist very friendly and helpful. Perfect.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel Adler in Zurich.....although a stone's throw from the winter markets, our room was very quiet.....also clean and efficient with comfortable beds....staff was very friendly and allowed us a slighter later checkout when our train was leaving later in the day.....we also very much enjoyed the hotel restaurant and their wonderful fondue!.......I accidentally left an expensive hat behind in the restaurant and realized after we had left the country.....I contacted Sanna at the hotel and asked for it to be shipped back to me....I was very surprised and happy to see it arrive in the United States only a few days later.....would definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ipoh, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I confirmed my booking through booking.com, however when we arrived on the 5th Dec 14, they told me they could not contact me on the phone so did not reserve the room for me. they "pushed" me to a lousy hotel nearby a prostitute den but I need to pay the same rate as my initial booking. When I reached home, I received an email from the Hotel Adler's management stating that they are refunding my booking of Hotel Adler. Why they charged me for the room and yet claimed not sure whether we need the room or not, Would they refund me if I did not turn up on that day ? I think they try to cheat their guests, charged first then hope we do not turn up.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Szczecin, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Close to the railway station, centrally located in the old town. Quiet and nice decorated rooms. Very toasty breakfasts and gourmet restaurant. Rooms are perfectly isolated from outside noice. I have stayed in Adler hotel for couple of timer and always evething was perfect. Very nice and helpful staf.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from a great trip to Switzerland. Topped off by a stay at the Adler. The location, the staff, the service, the food! Everything was as planned and wonderful. Only two things. One is that if it was summer and one had to have the windows open, I am not sure I would want to stay there unless you are a younger party folks as there is lots of late night activities around the area. Two is the breakfast staff, they just are not helpful/friendly, had to greet them in the morning and get up and request coffee/tea.

Room Tip: Jr suite is a nice big room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Lund, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Welcoming staff and a modern fresh feel of the hotel. Nice touch in the rooms of modern and classic Swiss. Breakfast was maybe a bit simple but there was enough to chose between to keep you filled until lunch. You must try to food in the hotel restaurant at night and its a good idea to book in advance. Very popular and busy. The best of this hotel is the location! right in the center of old town close to the small pedestrian streets filled with restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor-there might be disturbing noise from the street
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Adler? Share your experiences!