Stayed here for 1 night prior to a return to USA at the Zurich Airport.
The positives +++
+Rooms are clean and large (perhaps some of the largest in Zurich)
+Tram access from the airport is quick and convenient
(#10 or #12 is easy and front desk can provide a ticket 4.20CHF/oneway)
+Check in/Check out was efficient.
My information had been retrained from prior stays.
+ Free wi-fi in the lobby
The negatives - - -
- The TV in the room is very old small CRT vs. a 42" flat screen (does any other Renaissance Hotel in the world have these??) and picture quality poor. Remote does not funcition easily.
- The mirrored wall above the sink in room #146 was scratched and terrible shape and really unusable.
- The furnishings/carpet/hallways are very much out of date and old (compare to the Zurich Renaissance Tower Hotel or Zurich Marriott or Zurich Courtyard - but price is about the same???)
- No ice on the floor or ice bucket in the room but I'm sure they would bring one if you asked
- The staff at the bar Next2 were not thet focuesed on guests on this night (different than before) Seem to have fun talking and playing with each other while waiting at the bar for good service.
-Didn't try the full breakfast buffest at 37 CFH although the bacon smelled awesome and was tempting. Just ate something at Starbucks at the airport.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Renaissance Zurich Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Glattbrugg
- Renaissance zürich