“A good place for business traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #65 of 123 hotels in Zurich
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“A good place for business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

a little bit pricey, but you know it is in Zurich... it's expensive everywhere...Room is okay and restaurants are good as well. Location is acceptable, about 30 minutes to downtown by tram. As a chain hotel, you always know what you can expect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Roland_Ulmer, General Manager at Renaissance Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay and for your kind comment.

The location of the hotel is perfect if you want a short way to the Airport, but still the possibility to the discover the city. You need 9 minutes by public transportation to the Airport and 25 minutes to reach the city center.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable feedback and I and my team are looking forward to welcome you back.

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel after a long trek across Europe. We stayed here awaiting a flight home the next day. The staff was great and very helpful. We stayed on the business class floor which was wonderful. There were drinks, snacks, computer, and a conference room at our disposal. The room was spacious and modern. Breakfast (which was included in our room rate) was fabulous! The location, albeit close to the airport (only a couple stops away on the train and dropped you right at the front doors of the airport), was not great for sightseeing. It was pretty far outside the city. The train stop was right across the street and easy to figure out the route system, but you could not walk to anything except a couple meager restaurants. The restaurant inside the hotel seemed rather pricey but everything in Switzerland tends to run on the expensive side! This hotel worked great for us since we were staying the night then leaving for the airport in the morning. The hotel was very much like hotels in the USA so we felt it to be a nice transition to head back to the states (they had many American television stations available on the satellite service that they used).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Roland_Ulmer, General Manager at Renaissance Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your stay at the Renaissance Zurich Hotel.

The hotel counts to the Airport hotels, because with public transportation it is only 9 minutes away. Fortunately we are really good connected with several tram lines. This gives our guest the opportunity to reach the downtown area easily within 23 minutes.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to share it with my team.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Staff of the hotel were quite friendly. The food was average. The room was excellent. It was cold outside however the rooms were warm amd cozy. The bathroom was very clean. The bath area and bathroom are separte which i was not too found of. However the room was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms away from the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roland_Ulmer, General Manager at Renaissance Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Renaissance Hotel for your stay in Zurich and for your kind comment.

I am glad to forward your feedback to my teams.

We are hoping to welcome you back soon,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night before flying back to Atlanta. My daughter and I were greeted by an extremely friendly person at the reception desk - Julia. She also recommended a nice fondue place and gave us very accurate public transportation directions.

• Stayed June 2013
Roland_Ulmer, General Manager at Renaissance Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you very much for your stay and for your kind comment.

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience at the Renaissance Zurich Hotel and I am happy to forward your feedback to Julia.

Once again thank you very much and I and my team are hoping to welcome you back soon.

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night as a stop over and I must admit, I was tired when I got in at 9AM and the staff checked me in early, I was able to grab some breakfast and I went up to my suite, took a shower and crashed. The room was great, although the bed was a bit harder than what I'm used to from Marriott brand hotels. When I did finally wake up, I figured I'd get in a nice walk about the town on a beautiful Saturday night and I was thoroughly disappointed in the location and proximity of the hotel to any nightlife spots. Thank goodness for the restaurant and concierge lounge also, because I was able to mingle a bit with a few fellow American traveler's during my stay. Although the hotel and the hotel staff are great alone, the location leaves something to be desired. Big ups to the staff! They actually made the stay worth the price paid despite the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Roland_Ulmer, General Manager at Renaissance Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your friendly and kind comment.

I am glad you had an enjoyable time and that our Ambassadors made your stay a fantastic one.

We are aware of the location. The hotel is closer to the Airport than to the city center. The trams are stopping directly in front of our hotel and will bring you to the Airport in 9 minutes and to the downtown area in 25 min. For your convenience, you can purchase the tram tickets at the reception. Our Navigators will share their micro-local knowledge with you and would be delighted to provide you with hidden gems of Zürich.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I am happy to share your comment with my team.

Reuver, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel was beautiful and very comfortable, however they charge you through the nose for every little extra thing. Parking was 32 Swiss Francs for 1 night, breakfast to the room rather than downstairs (had breakfast included) was extra, internet was around 30 CHF for 24 hours (crazy!), etc. I also forgot my nightgown (which weighs nothing) there, and though they were nice enough to ship it to me, they charged me 30 Francs to ship it to Germany. I slept very comfortably (great bed & pillows!) and the bathroom was also very nice, though Europe needs to get with the program and get the curved shower curtain rods!!!!! Anyway, lovely place, but beware extra charges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay and your valuable feedback.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Renaissance Zurich Hotel.

Regarding the extra charges I am afraid the Parking is public and reflecting the local prices, as well as the shipping costs are the local pricing level.

I do understand, that at a time where it is essential to be connected to the world, the Internet is most important. Since beginning of May we provide free Wi-Fi in the Lobby to keep our gests connected.

Thank you once again for your comment. It is important to me and my team to find our weaknesses and to improve our services.

I hope we can welcome you back.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, close to airport and not too far from the city center. Big and recently renovated rooms. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. If you would like to have free Wi-Fi you should specifically ask for 1 hour free internet, otherwise you will hear about all kind of packages with rather expensive access to the internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay and your kind feedback.

I am glad you had an enjoyable time at the Renaissance Zurich Hotel.

As me and my team know, how important it is nowadays to be connected to the world, we do provide free Wi-Fi in the Lobby since May.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Roland Ulmer

Been to Renaissance Zurich Hotel? Share your experiences!