first the good: room size is adequate although the elevator up is so tiny that even a single person with more than one piece of luggage will struggle to fit in.
quality of the breakfast is good.
then the not so good: arrived with a rental car only to discover that the closest placed to park legally is about 500m from the Hotel and you have to be lucky to find a spot as it is the very center of the city. After carrying my suitcase I was told to park in the "nearby" underground garage that is "within walking distance". Normally I do not mind a 10 min stroll but late at night, at -4C, with snowfall, this is not a nice experience. The next problem is of course getting back to your car early in the morning in order to make it to the airport for a 7am check-in, but I guess as I frequent traveler I just have to do better with logistics myself.
lastly, I want to mention that my room was ice cold upon check-in. While I understand that saving energy is important, this is not very comforting, nor welcoming for the guest that at 10PM has to start firing up the radiators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look forward to Zürich’s smallest and most centrally located 4-Star hotel. Each of our 24 rooms has just recently been completely renovated. A high quality design interior, comfortable bathrooms in warm colours, an individually adjustable air condition system for the summer time and new sound-proof windows promise a relaxing sleep.At the Hotel Helmhaus history and modern comfort connect in a remarkable way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Helmhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmhaus Swiss Quality zürich
- Hotel Helmhaus Swiss Quality