The room rate was cheap, the main advantage I can think of. Tram station is outside, and it takes about 15min (11 stops) to get to Bahnhofstrasse the main st.
However, the hotel has gone too far to be budget.
- Bed uncomfortable. Hard, with awful pillows. Worst sleep I had on a night there.
- Shower room allows no privacy. They had a funny design of a shower room with a glass door opening to the room directly. People outside can see through the glass at the inside person's head and legs. Despite the middle part of the glass door is frosted ground-glass, it still allows no privacy. You only get one small soap and nothing else.
- parking costs CHF22/day for hotel guests.
- Toilet seat too high. While sitting, you need to be 6ft tall to have legs long enough to rest your feet on the floor.
- No air conditioning found in the room.
- Only 1 chair I the room. Internet sometimes not working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das ibis budget Zurich City-West befindet sich in der Nahe der Autobahn A1 Richtung Zurich City, 10 Min. Entfernt vom Hauptbahnhof und dem Stadtzentrum. Der Flughafen Zurich-Kloten ist 9 km vom Hotel entfernt. Das Hotel verfugt uber 160 renovierte Zimmer mit zentral geregeltem Air-Cooling System, WiFi-Zugang, Restaurants in der Umgebung und kostenpflichtigem Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Ibis Budget Zurich City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etap Zurich City West
- Etap Hotel zürich