“Most friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Badenerstrasse, Zurich 8040, Switzerland (Formerly InterContinental Hotel Zurich)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #71 of 123 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai
“Most friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It is located in a very peaceful and comfortable location with easy access to Trams and Buses. there are shopping centres which are only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are generally more quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaZRH, Geschäftsführer at Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear SajiDubai
We want to thank you for your review and are delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Zurich. Please visit us again – we would be more than happy to welcome you again!
Best regards
Heinz Kraehenbuehl, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night and it was average. The room was small but clean (there was a nice touch of aromatic pillow spray for soothing sleep). The breakfast was delicious but not out of ordinary.

The only big negative is that it is a bit far out of the center. I like to walk & explore the city but couldn't do that here. It was a good place to stay if you want a quick exit to the airport - which is 15 mins by car from the hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your rating and the time you invested to write this report. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our Sleep Advantage Kit which support our guests to have a relaxing stay with us. Also I have already forwarded your compliments on our fresh and rich breakfast buffet to my colleagues in the restaurant. There is a tram station only 3 minutes away where tram N2 and N3 bring you to downtown in less than 20 minutes. We hope to welcoming you again to Zurich.
Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night, paying for 2 nights actually. The room that I got was a standard room facing the main road where the trams pass. Since this is a low-rise building (5 floors in total), all rooms facing the main road would get all the noise pollution
from the street (trams, vehicles). After asking for a quiet room, this was the best that they could do (5th floor). Apparently the front desk manager said the 'superior' rooms all faced the back of the hotel or the courtyard. So unless this hotel replaces all the windows with better quality ones, I would absolutely discourage anyone from staying here if you want a good night's sleep. It took me to until 4 am to fall asleep, with all windows closed and earplugs in! This is ridiculous, because I have travelled extensively
and stayed in 4 or 5 star hotels and even AIRPORT hotels, and did not experience this noise pollution problem before.

• Stayed August 2014
CrownePlazaZRH, Geschäftsführer at Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear TheChrisfromCanada
First of all, let us thank you for your report and for staying with us during your visit of Zurich. We are sorry to read about your negative experiences of not being able to have a good sleep. In general, we try to allocate people who are sensitive to city noises to the 5th floor which is our quiet zone. In your case, my colleagues from the front office also allocated a room on this floor for you. The hotel is running 80% occupancy and we hardly have guest which are disturbed by the traffic noise.
We always suggest booking the Superior Rooms that all face towards the inner court and thus offer more quietness. Our windows are designed to prevent noise coming from the city. We sincerely hope to welcome you again to Zurich.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I went at this hotel during the weekend, due to business. The apartment and the bathroom is small, but quite enough for one person. It is around 25 minutes from the Zurich airoport and to go there I spent CHF 55. It is near a shopping mall, a small one, but good to buy something. The staff is very kind and polite. The breakfast is great. There are a lot of breads, cheese, iogurts, coffee, milk, cereals. If necessary, I intend to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Viviane D
Thank you very much for your comments and good rating. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Zurich. Also our famous Crowne Plaza Swiss Breakfast is the highlight for many of our guests as it simply unbelievable with such a great selection. A tip for the next time the public transport is very efficient to the airport and cost only CHF 6.60 per person We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Zurich.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I reserved rooms at this Crowne Plaza over the phone -- when making the reservation the person on the phone confirmed for me that it was near the Zurich airport, which was important to us b/c we had a flight out early the last morning there. Yeah.. it's not near the airport. We took the train to the airport station, to be told that we need to go back to the other station, then take the tram, which would then put us near enough to the hotel. When we checked in, it was pouring rain, but the guest rep checking us in was very indifferent. I run a hotel myself, and any guest that walks in should be made to feel welcome, whereas he just sort of handed us our keys. The next day, we asked the concierge about sightseeing info and anything he suggested.. He just handed us 1 brochure, with a 'here, do that, that's all I care to offer' attitude. Not very friendly. Our first morning in the hotel, my husband had to kill a roach that walked across the desk, we considered showing it to the staff but forgot and left the room -- The housekeeping simply came in and made the bed it seems, b/c the roach was still there when we got back, along with plastic bags + trash. I don't plan to return to Zurich anytime soon, but if we do, we will not be staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaZRH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Nirvi M
First of all I would like to thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza in Zürich. As your comfort and well-being are always our highest priorities, I appreciate receiving your constructive comments. They are an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings. I have assessed your comments with the concierge department about the welcome and the service performance and corrective action will be taken. I have personally investigated your case with the insects and I assure you that we do not have any roaches. This type of insects are called “Waldschaben” (only know the name in German) and are flying insects and very common is summer. Nevertheless, I was concerned about your comment that the housekeeping has not cleaned the room properly. Due to our location and the public transportation system, we do feel that the airport is reachable by public transport within 30 minutes and by taxi in around 30 minutes. If you take the taxi, you’ll be there in less than 20 minutes. I hope we will have the chance in the future to proof that we can do better than what you have experienced and I assure you I will take personal care.
With kind regards,
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Visiting Zurich for the first time,to attend a wedding, the hotel proved to be a good choice. The staff were so willing to help in planning our routes to the venue and in and out of the city. Apart from accompanying us along the way, they couldn't have done more! Thanks especially to Isabelle. We borrowed umbrellas as it was a wet weekend. Excellent tram facilities throughout Zurich and the tram stop was only a 5 minutes walk away. Breakfast was eat as much as you wish and again the staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: On 3rd floor at the end of a corridor and at the back of the hotel, it was very quiet. Couldn't...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Val S
Thank you for your excellent rating ! We have already forwarded your praising words to our colleagues. Your satisfaction is a motivation for us to keep delivering personal superior service to our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Crowne Plaza Zurich.
Bratislava
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was there yesterday for some relax in Wellness because of my 3 weeks full of stress. I loved half emty Wellness area where you can nice " Switch off". Personal was very lovely and recomeded me some Good Restaurants. I became a Member of their Holmes Place. Very good Place to chill out from stress live! Tank you.

Stayed July 2014
CrownePlazaZRH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback and for sharing your experiences with us. We are more than pleased to share your review with our colleagues from the Holmes Place Fitness & Spa. Best regards, Heinz Kraehenbuehl, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Zurich Hotel? Share your experiences!