“Good location, comfy, and very Swiss!” 4 of 5 stars

Leoneck Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leonhardstrasse 1, Zurich 8001, Switzerland   |
Ranked #78 of 126 Hotels in Zurich
Philippines
“Good location, comfy, and very Swiss!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was my first time in Zurich, and the minute I went inside the hotel, I felt that it was incredibly Swiss. They're big on cows, and that's their central theme. The ambiance was very cozy, like a home away from home in Switzerland. We arrived at 10am, but check-in was at 2pm, so we stored our luggage first and explored the city. Maps were readily available at the check-in counter, so we didn't get lost.

When we went inside the room, everything was so organized and we found everything that we needed. The only problem with our room was we could hear people from outside walking and talking, because it is beside a road. It's also 8 meters from a church, and we could hear the loud bells from the room.

Breakfast was okay. They had breads, spreads, cheese, cereals, yogurts and a lot of morning drinks like various tea and juice, and yummy milk and coffee. If you're looking to save money, though, I suggest just walk to the nearest coop, since food is generally more cheaper there

Over-all, it's a very good stay

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very central hotel within walking distance from the old town. Very clean, staff very friendly and number 10 tram stops right outside, so cheap to get to from airport. Room was a bit small but we only slept there! There is an outside garden which was great.There is a restaurant which, like everywhere in Zurich closes at 10pm. So on arrival we had an evening meal of beer, wine and peanuts!! Breakfast was good and kept us going for most of the day.

Room Tip: Good for a short city break. Room was too small for a long stay.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a regular single room via booking.com since the hotel website offered the same rate as booking.com, but with booking.com I had a free late checkout.
Upon arrival I was offered to upgrade my room to a much better room (double with AC) for 5 CHF a night which was perfect for me.
All in all, the room was sufficent. Bed was a bit uncomfortable but big enough. bathroom was a bit too small and you could feel that they really tried to maximize the space and shove a bath in rather than a shower.
I didn't like the fact that there was no kettle in the room even though it was free upon request. I would have preferred it'll be waiting in the room.

On my checkout day well into the two extra late checkout hours, I received a call from reception asking me why I'm still in my room even though I cleared it out with a different receptionist a day earlier, I found that odd since it should have appeared in my reservation.
Cleaning service was also trying to enter the room on my checkout day before regular checkout time which I found rather odd.
Upon checking out, the price I was asked to pay was higher than expected as it was mentioned in the system that I had breakfast in one of my three days of stay, which of course never happened.This matter cleared up rather fast, but still left me with an uncomfortable feeling.
All in all it was a good stay and the price was considerably lower than other hotels in Zurich with the same standard.

Room Tip: There's a tram station right in front of the hotel so insist on a room with double windows and a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is nicely located within walking distance from the train station and the inner city The rooms are perfectly clean and quiet, though quite small. A plcae to sleep, not to spend time in. Two downturns: the parking garage s so minute, it is arther difficult to place a car outside a CinqueCento! The breakfats is ceetainly NOT worth the price, 25 CHF for a choice worth a prison

Room Tip: Any room will do, sound insulation is very good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice hotel in a quiet place. Reception staff very pleasant and helpful. Room clean heat furnished with a large balcony ... bathroom clean stylish .. breakfast tasty . I am very pleasantly surprised location close to the center, around the peaceful ambience and price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to spend time in this beautiful city. I m sure that I'll be back. Thank you for the smile from reception :-) Best regards!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great stay in hotel Leoneck. Personal is very friendly. had an upgrade when i arrived. The room was great, with bath. The room was quit, had a good sleep.
The hotel is very good located nearby the alltstadt and a tram is in front of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good clean hotel, good location, and good breakfast buffet. Breakfast buffet is well worth the price. The best thing I discovered is that the tram from the front of the hotel goes directly to the airport. You don't need to go to the train station to go to airport.
Wifi works pretty well.
An Italian restaurant right around the corner is quite good.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Leoneck Hotel? Share your experiences!