I have stayed at Hotel Schweizerhof many times and this visit I was with my 9 year old daughter. Multiple stays usually lead to at least one less than perfect experience - not here. The "team" is so helpful, from the front desk to the porters (who bring your luggage to your room and from/to the rail if you request) to the servers at La Soupière. Even housekeeping rang the bell to make sure we had everything - towels, soaps and even a few extra chocolates.
Arriving from America in the early morning has its challenges with hotels rooms, but our room was ready, waiting and spotless. This was very helpful and allowed us to freshen up before exploring the area. I always prefer a larger room, but if traveling solo, the single rooms are equally comfortable. Make sure to request an exterior room with a view as staring out the window down the Bahnhofstrasse or at the Rail City is quite nice. And the interior rooms overlook the courtyard which is not so nice. We had dinner served in our room and it was set up and presented as if we were seated in the dining room. The Veal Zurich style is highly recommended. The TV has plenty of English speaking stations and of course internet access. Free - I think. While every proper hotel in Zurich comes at a price that may seem steep, one must remember this is Zurich. And, like everywhere in the world, you get what you pay for. It is just more money in Zurich. Hotel Schweizerhof is worth evey CHF.
Located across from the Zurich Hauptbahnhof (Zurich HB - Central train station) makes this the ideal location. From the airport it is a ten minute ride on the local rail, which runs frequently, and offers easy access to the hotel directly across the street and rail service to all of Europe! A ticket from the airport to the HB, valid for one hour, is CHF 3.30. A fraction of what a cab would cost.
The personal touch this stay was also quite nice. Since I was staying on my birthday, I received not only a nice card from the General Manager, but a birthday cake which was quite delicious and a nice treat on out train into Austria. I cannot provide a higher recommendation!
- Also Known As:
- Schweizerhof Zurich Hotel
- Schweizerhof Zurich zürich
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Zürich, part of WORLDHOTELS, is an exclusive 4* superior Hotel with an excellent 5* service at the best central location in Zurich. Opposite the main railway station and at the beginning of the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Shoppingstreet, financial district, the lake and the old town within walking distance. Every 10 minutes direct train to the International Airport of Zurich (12 minutes journey time). Very quiet thanks to triple glazed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.