“Near train station but very small rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stampfenbachstrasse 60 | 8006 Zurich, Zurich 8006, Switzerland   |
Ranked #27 of 124 Hotels in Zurich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Near train station but very small rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited some friends for Street Parade and chose this hotel as it was close to the main train station. It was a 5 minute walk so nice and close. The hotel was easy to find. There is also a tram which stops right outside as well. Warmly greeted in the lobby. As I was a little bit early they took my cases and I went back later to check in. The hotel provides free wifi in the rooms which is always a benefit. The room was very much on the small side but this seems to the normal in Zurich. The bed was ok although didn't get a great nights sleep.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Continental-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I hope you enjoyed the Street Parade and had a good time in Zurich. Our hotel is indeed convienently located close to the center, the train station and the old town of Zurich. I am glad that you appreciated this location, as well as the hospitality and friendliness of our staff.
We have different room categories in our hotel and you have probably booked a single room, which is of course less spacious than our the double rooms or our Suites.

I hope we can welcome you back in Zurich soon and maybe you can experience our other room options then.

Kind regards from Zurich,
Imke Rohde- Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Compared to many hotels we priced in Zurich, this one was a relative bargain. It is an easy walk (less than 10 minutes) from the train station so you don't need to take a taxi, and the trainride from the airport is also quite short. The hotel is not on the Limmat River but is only about a 3 to 4 minute walk away and much less expensive than the waterfront lodgings. Our king room was very spacious, very comfy and very clean...nice shower! We experienced no noise from traffic and had a great night's sleep. Check-in was quick and easy and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. You can walk around Zurich's historic center easily from this location. Be sure to walk up to Lindenhof park where you will have a great view of the city and also take advantage of some great people-watching. We can heartily recommend the food at Cafe Odeon too. We did not expect it to be very good but were pleasantly surprised to be served a delicious meal by a friendly waiter. A short but very pleasant stay in Zurich!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I hope you had a safe trip back home from Zurich and I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in lovely Zurich. It is important for us to receive a feedback from our guest. A positive review is always very motivating for the whole team. We try our best every day to make your stay as memorable as possible and I am glad that we sucdeeded. I hope that we will welcome you back in Zurich and in our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Imke Rohde - Guest Relations Manager
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is very central 7 minutes from the main train station. Single rooms are small, but space is perfectly used. You have a wet bar, coffe making arrangements and a working desk, the bed is installed in such a way that it is not in the way of your normal space (working, dressing). The room is unconventional and small (very small for a 4 star) but I liked it. Bathroom is ok.

Staff is so-so. Noone speaks Swiss German and some even do not speak German. Their elevators were in maintenance, so I had to take the stairs (one elevator was usable, but very, very, very, very, very,very dirty). The room was not ready as I arrived and I arrived after check-in start.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Continental-GM, General Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback on tripadvisor. For your inconveniences regarding the elevators I apologize again, unfortunately renovation work is rarely done without some dirt & dust, but our housekeeping team is on hand to make it as convenient as possible. Of course I have also noted your remark regarding the lack of "Schwyzerdüütsch" and I do apologize you happened to stay with us during the summer period where we have more exchange trainees on hand. I hope that the international "Röschtigrabe" won't keep you from your next stay with us. Sincerely, Monica Vögeli
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very well located, near historic center and just 5 minutes on foot from train station. Rooms full of space, comfortable beds, impecable service. Even the rooms facing the street are quiet due to very good windows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read about your memorable stay with us. Thank you for writing about your wonderful experience on tripadvisor, I'll make sure my team receives your compliments. Best regards from Zurich, Monica Voegeli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are looking for a charming, swiss style and well located, Continental Hotel is your place. Near the station and the main commercial street, with a good size room and comfortable bed, old design style nice bathroom and I recommend to have breakfast there: good quality food and variety.
Staff could be more attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and our Grand breakfast. At the same time I apologize for your inconveniences regarding our staffs attention. Please be assured that I will take appropriate measures. Thank you for your honesty and I look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Monica Voegeli
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my honeymoon, this turned out to be best hotel (out of 4 hotels in different cities) where we stayed in Switzerland. We have booked Urban Swiss Superior King room at this hotel. Room was nice and spacious, though not well lit. Bed was comfortable and big. Coffee maker was good with multiple choices offered in coffee flavors. Shampoo, conditioner etc in the bathroom were Chopard brand, which my wife found quite impressive. However, bathtub did not have a curtain and they only have half glass door. They also offered complimentary chocolates on our first night there. They also had complimentary apple juice in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Continental-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Anshul, I hope you had spent a memorable honeymoon in Switzerland and I am very happy to hear, that you liked us the most. The coffee maker and the Ipod station are provided in all of our Kingsize Superior rooms and I am glad that you enjoyed this service. We are always pleased and honored when Honeymooners book our hotel and I hope we will see you and your wife again for your anniversary. All the best to you, Imke Rohde - Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!