“Excellent Value for Location in Zurich” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Pay 2 Enjoy 3 !
Ranked #26 of 122 Hotels in Zurich
Thomasville, Georgia
“Excellent Value for Location in Zurich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Compared to many hotels we priced in Zurich, this one was a relative bargain. It is an easy walk (less than 10 minutes) from the train station so you don't need to take a taxi, and the trainride from the airport is also quite short. The hotel is not on the Limmat River but is only about a 3 to 4 minute walk away and much less expensive than the waterfront lodgings. Our king room was very spacious, very comfy and very clean...nice shower! We experienced no noise from traffic and had a great night's sleep. Check-in was quick and easy and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. You can walk around Zurich's historic center easily from this location. Be sure to walk up to Lindenhof park where you will have a great view of the city and also take advantage of some great people-watching. We can heartily recommend the food at Cafe Odeon too. We did not expect it to be very good but were pleasantly surprised to be served a delicious meal by a friendly waiter. A short but very pleasant stay in Zurich!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Continental-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I hope you had a safe trip back home from Zurich and I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in lovely Zurich. It is important for us to receive a feedback from our guest. A positive review is always very motivating for the whole team. We try our best every day to make your stay as memorable as possible and I am glad that we sucdeeded. I hope that we will welcome you back in Zurich and in our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Imke Rohde - Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is very central 7 minutes from the main train station. Single rooms are small, but space is perfectly used. You have a wet bar, coffe making arrangements and a working desk, the bed is installed in such a way that it is not in the way of your normal space (working, dressing). The room is unconventional and small (very small for a 4 star) but I liked it. Bathroom is ok.

Staff is so-so. Noone speaks Swiss German and some even do not speak German. Their elevators were in maintenance, so I had to take the stairs (one elevator was usable, but very, very, very, very, very,very dirty). The room was not ready as I arrived and I arrived after check-in start.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Continental-GM, General Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback on tripadvisor. For your inconveniences regarding the elevators I apologize again, unfortunately renovation work is rarely done without some dirt & dust, but our housekeeping team is on hand to make it as convenient as possible. Of course I have also noted your remark regarding the lack of "Schwyzerdüütsch" and I do apologize you happened to stay with us during the summer period where we have more exchange trainees on hand. I hope that the international "Röschtigrabe" won't keep you from your next stay with us. Sincerely, Monica Vögeli
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very well located, near historic center and just 5 minutes on foot from train station. Rooms full of space, comfortable beds, impecable service. Even the rooms facing the street are quiet due to very good windows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read about your memorable stay with us. Thank you for writing about your wonderful experience on tripadvisor, I'll make sure my team receives your compliments. Best regards from Zurich, Monica Voegeli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are looking for a charming, swiss style and well located, Continental Hotel is your place. Near the station and the main commercial street, with a good size room and comfortable bed, old design style nice bathroom and I recommend to have breakfast there: good quality food and variety.
Staff could be more attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and our Grand breakfast. At the same time I apologize for your inconveniences regarding our staffs attention. Please be assured that I will take appropriate measures. Thank you for your honesty and I look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Monica Voegeli
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my honeymoon, this turned out to be best hotel (out of 4 hotels in different cities) where we stayed in Switzerland. We have booked Urban Swiss Superior King room at this hotel. Room was nice and spacious, though not well lit. Bed was comfortable and big. Coffee maker was good with multiple choices offered in coffee flavors. Shampoo, conditioner etc in the bathroom were Chopard brand, which my wife found quite impressive. However, bathtub did not have a curtain and they only have half glass door. They also offered complimentary chocolates on our first night there. They also had complimentary apple juice in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Continental-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Anshul, I hope you had spent a memorable honeymoon in Switzerland and I am very happy to hear, that you liked us the most. The coffee maker and the Ipod station are provided in all of our Kingsize Superior rooms and I am glad that you enjoyed this service. We are always pleased and honored when Honeymooners book our hotel and I hope we will see you and your wife again for your anniversary. All the best to you, Imke Rohde - Guest Relations Manager
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were greeted warmly and profusely as we staggered in the door after a 10 hour journey to arrive at this hotel which is an easy 5 minute walk from the main station. I wanted to get a taxi but would have been foolish to do so. Our room was a Standard King and the room was quite large and comfortable, lots of timber finishes which made it even cosier. Large shower stall and generous replenishment of shampoo, soaps, body lotion each day. Bed and pillows were super comfortable and the room was quiet. Breakfast was superb, lovely bircher muesli, eggs/omelette to order, cheeses, fruit, along with bacon, sausages, baked beans, meat & salmon plates, along with freshly baked apple pie! The only establishment I've been in that has Villeroy and Bosch for serve ware!!! Staff very friendly, welcoming and helpful. A little removed from the old town on both sides of the Limmat River, but only by a 5-10 minute walk. Consider this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, I am delighted that you took your time to share your experiences. I really appreciate your compliments and will definteley share them with the whole team at Hotel Continental. We always try our best to offer you an excellent service and your feedback is the best reward we could get. I hope you had a safe trip back home and we can welcome you again soon. Best regards, Imke Rohde - Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!