There is no need to describe all the advantages of this refined hotel. It's all there. Design, comfort, prestige etc. We are really pleased to stay several days in Dolder and for sure will be back one day. Nobody's perfect, but the important part of any business is how you handle the problems when they appear. And these guys there certainly know how to deal with that.
I've asked the concierge to wash my car and in 2 hours when the bell boy drove it to the entrance the car wasn't clean. I was little upset, because it was a superb summer day, just a proper day for a lazy ride to the countryside. The stuff realized my feelings even before I said a word. In 20 minutes everything was done. The concierge personally came out to our table where we were having coffee while waiting and apologized for the inconvenience. The coffee was complimentary, and the car wash also. Otherwise by the way the car was is 90 CHF.
Our first day in the hotel the breakfast was really slow. We even discussed with my wife an opportunity to complain. But the next day, situation changed. The management doubled the stuff, they rearranged the space on the open terrace and everything went really smooth.
Our compliments to the general manager and the administration of the hotel who really now the situation and react appropriate.
There are 3 things, I would like to be upgraded in Dolder.
1. The quality of coffee.
2. The slippers from the room can not be used in the SPA zone, they are really slippery on wet.
3. The mattresses in the suites are little softer than they should be for a healthy sleep.
All the rest was perfect. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dolder Grand is the perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation: 176 luxurious rooms and suites, exquisite cuisine, a spa covering 4,000 square metres, generous banqueting and seminar facilities and a remarkable art collection. The original "Curhaus" dating from 1899 presents itself as the luxury-class City Resort. The hotel's elevated location, between the pulsating life of the city and a refreshingly natural green zone, provides a magnificent view of the city of Zurich, the lake and the Alps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Dolder Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dolder Grand Hotel
- Hotel Dolder Grand
- Dolder Grand Hotel
- Dolder Grand zürich