“Celebrity for a day.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Zurich
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Celebrity for a day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I dont know what to say about this fantastic, amazing hotel. Three of us .. ladies that is had wonderful coffee on the terrace covered by really soft fluffy throws. The temperature outside was minus 8, but we wanted to drink our coffee outside in order to admire the outstanding views. The hotel itself is so luxurious with amazing art works, we were blown away.. Hopefully some day I will get to stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comment on your visit at the Dolder Grand.

We are delighted to read that you kept good memories of your coffee experience on our Lobby terrace and that you were fascinated by our impressive art collection.

It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you back to the Dolder Grand for an overnight stay. Until then we wish you all the best.

Your sincerely

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I organized an offsite for 70 employees of our company. I do not have enough word to explain how, because of their professional behavior and help, everything went better than expected.
The Dolder team offer more than a 5 stars service, it also a unique behavior and hospitality to make feel each guest, special and unique.
Some members of your team are quite young… but full of professional experience and diplomacy.
The location and the hotel itself are unique and incredible.
Thank you for this fantastic expérience.

Room Tip: Every room offer you a high standing quality of sleeping and technology. Junior Suite are quite some...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for organizing this offsite-meeting at the Dolder Grand and for your wonderful review of your stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the delivery of our services and the behaviour of our employees. Please rest assured that I have passed on your kind words to the staff who made this positive experience possible.

Intense staff training and advancement of individual skills are certainly core issues of our development. Our Quality and Training Department is working on an ongoing program in order to strengthen and improve both the technical and soft skills of our employees. Comments like yours give us the certainty of being on the right way.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the Dolder Grand in the near future and wish you all the best.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spend a little while thinking about an appropriate title and I did not want to repeat what others have said but I gotta say its very difficult. So I decided to use my first impression I had of the Dolder Grand when I arrived.

I spend only 2 Nights at the Dolder Grand and I feel I have only managed to grasp a breath of what this plain gorgeous Hotel has to offer. When I arrived I did not had to say a single word, a Staff Member of the Hotel ask me if I leave again today and when I want my car ready in the morning, they grabbed the bags and guided us the way to the reception. Fantastic Service I might add here already.

After the checkin we where guided to our Room by a very lovely Woman who made us feel right at home. When I closed the door of the Room 2 things happened, I was totally amazed by the size of the door itself and up on closing it the incredible Silence. I did not year a sound and it stayed that way, not a peeps from any neighbour, just silence. My upmost complements to the Architect of the new Wing of the Dolder this is relaxation pure.

We stayed in the Junior Suite with view over Lake Zurich. This Room might fill a few pages if I go in every detail but let me say there was nothing you could have asked more. From a spacious walking Wardrobe where you even had a drawer with Wine Glasses a selection of beverages, next door the spacious Bathroom with all its features such as a TV in the Mirror or a relaxing Rain Forrest like Shower with several front streams, plenty of care taking products and even a toothbrush in case you forgot yours. Did I mention the Bath tub in front of the Window with Lake view?

The entire room was controlled by a single remote, from the TV over the inner and outer curtains as well as the Light in every room. There was not a single moment I actually missed anything.

In fact it was the first time in my 20+ years of traveling around the world that I had not a single negative or nagging word to say - at all. It was one of the nicest Rooms I have ever stayed in and it well deserve 5 Stars in comfort and pampering.

As I said I only spend 2 Nights there so I did not had the chance to check out all the facilities but I had a peek and I can only agree with all the other visitors it looked fantastic. From the long Hallways with beautiful lightning to the carefully selected interia on every level all very well done. And I can assure you there are even some surprises to see. One for example is a Picture in the Hallway to the Restaurant from what I see its Artist is no one less than Sylvester Stallone.

I spend the first evening in the Garden Restaurant and even there the food was fantastic. The Service the food just everything, its not something you would expect considering there is a Micheline Starred Restaurant literally next door.

I went there the second day but I wont write about it here. The Restaurant deserve's its own review.

So if you ever come to Zurich and you want something special I suggest you stay at the Dolder Grand. Its not just a Castle like Hotel with its many features but also and to a big extend the service you get. I been to many top class Hotels and there is always something Majestic about them, the way the Staff talks to you which is a little different in the Dolder Grand. The Staff makes you feel right at home, they are down to earth easy to talk to and yet very respectful and with alot of detail. For one when I collected my car in the morning I was always ask if I like a bottle of water for my journey. Priceless!

Great Thanks for this experience to the Dolder Grand and their Staff I had a great time and look forward to return.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a Room with Lake view, the scenery is fantastic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for sharing your positive feedback. We are flattered by your choice for the title of your report and appreciate your detailed review.

It is great to read that you appreciated the interior design, furnishing of the guest room with its fantastic views and the distinct art collection. Also, we are pleased that you enjoyed your dinner in our Garden Restaurant which makes us already excited to eventually read your review of our Fine Dining Restaurant.

Most importantly, we are delighted that you felt like a Star and that you were able to experience our dedication to detail and genuineness in the execution of our services. We certainly strive to making every stay in our city resort an enriching one such as yours. I have passed on your very kind words to our team, as they motivate us to continue in the same direction with enthusiasm and joy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and wish you all the best.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Zurich you have to check out the Dolder... They have a fantastic are collection of warhols in the lobby... And so much care and attention has gone into its construction, perhaps more so than any other hotel in Europe... It is worth staying here for that reason, as one has to say it is good value given this.

• Stayed December 2012
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and your kind note.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay and that especially the architecture as well as the art collection were to your liking.

We hope to welcoming you back to the Dolder Grand soon again and wish you all the best.

schweiz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

the Hotel is in many ways magic. Location , looks and feels are just great.
The Hotel is new and feels new, housekeeping is doing a great job. its all clean and in good shape.
The negative is the staff: sometimes it feels : they dont listen , they are sleeping. a Hotel in the Kategorie, this price per night: you´d expect much better! despite various complaints: they dont get it...
If you want a great Spa: here you are....
Roantic weekend: here you go
Breakfast: dont go to the Breakfast Restaurant: stay upstairs at the library: they can bring all the staff and it feels much nicer
dont book a standard room: its too small
grand junior suite is what you want ( or up)
and- before you are starting to complain about the room rate: there is nothing cheap ( and good) in Zürich

Room Tip: grand junior and up
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for sharing your valuable remarks with us.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations regarding the location and design of the hotel as well as the cleanliness and condition of the rooms. Furthermore we are pleased that our Dolder Grand Spa and the atmosphere in our Lobby were to your liking.

Concerning your experience with our staff, we truly regret that the overall performance seemed unprofessional and rather inattentive. We will certainly review your feedback and would appreciate to receive more detailed feedback per Email in order to improve the quality of our services. Please accept my sincere apologies for this regrettable experience.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the Dolder Grand on a future occasion and have the opportunity to fully convince you of our services.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The arrival at the DG was a nice surprise, set a bit out of Zurich on a hill it seemed a bit too far for my tastes, however tasteful it was. With a heavy accent on art and style, this hotel was a delight. The rooms (we stayed in a new wing) were large, modern and extremely comfortable (best hotel bed/pillows I have slept in for a very long time), wifi actually worked efficiently in the rooms (as it should but rarely delivers these days), the art of paintings (modern and classic) and 3 dimensional works scattered tastefully around the hotel, walkways and gardens, was a pleasant surprise...perhaps the swiss have style after aall (style over function ?).
The food was also excellent and we dined in the signature restaurant, great wine list also. The spa was great and well appointed - BUT, so very very expensive, in reality it was not worth the cost and unless one is a hedgefund banker paying for all this with his clients money .... then it is hard to justify the expense and harder still to enjoy it. Staff were excellent and overal a nice, if not painful, experience.

Room Tip: New wing is excellent and modern. Push for a "deal"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for posting your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the style of the rooms, the eclectic art collection in the hotel as well as the quality of our service in the restaurant and the spa. Our city resort lives from its elevated location in a natural green zone, yet in very close proximity to the city center and easily reachable by public transportation. The final station of the rack-and-pinion railway has its final stop in the hotel and a complimentary hotel shuttle bus service runs regularly during the day, taking guests to the city centre.

Remembering your stay, we sincerely hope that you keep delighting memories and would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is one amazing hotel. From the great hospitality of the staff, to the views, to the architecture of the hotel, everything here is amazing.

When we arrived to the hotel, the front desk wasn't overly busy, but everyone was helping a guest. After about two minutes of waiting, someone comes out from behind the desk and checked us in from a side desk. The small talk during the check in process didn't seem forced - it was genuine.

Aside from the front desk itself, the lobby is amazing. Be sure to check out the bar that is down the hall for one of the best hotel bars I have seen.

We were escorted to our room in the modern side of the hotel. Along the way, we were told about all the amenities in the hotel and the history of the hotel. There are a lot of art pieces located throughout, and it seems like you are walking through an art museum.

Our hotel room was a decent size, but the view of the lake was amazing. It was nice that the bed faced the view, so when you wake up it's the first thing you see. The room is very modern, and everything is controlled by the B+F remotes - from the curtains, to the balcony awnings, to the TV tilt. Simply amazing. The bed was very comfortable and we never wanted to get out of bed.

The bathroom is amazing as well. There is music that can be played while taking a bath, or you can watch TV from a hidden TV in the mirror. The floors are heated, which is a nice touch. Also the bath tub was really nice and there are bath salt options you can use. The shower has nozzles from every angle, that makes sure every part of your body is clean.

The best amenity of this hotel is the spa. There are bathrobes and slippers in the room, which you can wear to the spa. There is a special hallway on the second floor that connects the hotel rooms to the spa, so that you aren't mixing with other guests. Once in the spa, there are so many different features - indoor pool with a modern shape, steam room, sauna, whirlpool bath, a freezing room, relaxing room with music pods, stone tubs to lay on, and three different temperature outdoor hot tubs that are amazing to sit in even when it's cold outside. The staff is extremely friendly and can give you a quick tour.

To get to the city, there is a shuttle. Get there early because it holds a limited amount of people, and it makes a second stop at a different hotel along the way. But you can also take the Dolderbahn that is connected to the hotel into the city. It's a nice funicular that has plenty of room.

I love Zurich and visit many times. But this is the best attraction of the city. We only left the hotel once because we were having a blast enjoying the hotel experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful report on your stay at the Dolder Grand and its flattering title.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to record your experience in such a detailed way and are delighted to hear that we were able to fulfil your expectations regarding the design of the hotel rooms and the finesse of our bathrooms. Furthermore, we are pleased that you enjoyed the various facilities offered by our Dolder Grand Spa and that the journey by our hotel shuttle as well as by the Dolderbahn were to your liking.

It is very satisfying to read that you were able to enjoy the holistic service approach of our city resort in such way that your experience was fulfilling and enriching. Please rest assured that I will forward your encouraging words to my staff, since they are a great motivation to continue our efforts in the same direction with enthusiasm and joy.

We would be delighted to welcoming you back in the near future and wish you all the best.

Managing Director

Been to The Dolder Grand? Share your experiences!