“Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tandoori BBQ

Tandoori BBQ
Bleicherweg 19, Zurich 8002, Switzerland (Enge)
0041442020021
Neighborhood: Enge
Lucknow, India
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited Tandoori after 2 years and found it to be the same...good food and atmosphere attentive service and a great ambience Their weekend buffet was great as usual and complete value for money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
  • Arabic first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Vegetarian awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I am a vegetarian and eat no garlic so initially I was hesitant to go after reading some reviews. Staff was courteous and food is awesome. I am from Delhi and we people are very particular about the Indian food in taste, I ordered paneer makhani and roti and it was very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
zurich area
“Ok but overpriced for an Indian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant itself is in a purpose built retail unit so doesn't really have much ambiance although I can imagine dining outside is probably ok on a summer's day.

We visited on a holiday Monday when the restaurant was about half full.

The staff were friendly and the service was good, English is spoken if your german isn't up to scratch.

We opted for a range of starters to share, which were very tasty but the main courses were somewhat lacking in flavour and they used way too much salt in the food.

Ultimately what I disliked was the price. We had the equivalent of two drinks, a starter and a main and the bill was circa 60chf (62 usd/ 41 gbp) per person, which for Indian food I thought was outrageously expensive, especially given that the main courses weren't all that. We left feeling full but not entirely satisfied. You're best off sticking to the far cheaper 'eat all you want' lunchtime buffet, which I have found to be better value. Would not return for an evening meal.

Visited May 2013
“A nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Located at Stockerstrasse bus stop and accessible by Trams 6/7/8/13.

I had the lunch buffet that is offered from 11.30-14.00. The veggie version costs CHF 20.50, and with meat is CHF 26. I opted for the meat buffet and a beer (CHF 5.80). Traditional salads, stir fry, rice, deep fried options, various sauces, several veggie options and also a very good and tender lamb and chicken dishes. The place was really packed by noon and the tables are pretty close together. The service was very attentive.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The tandoori was served in a burning wooden under pot, which sits near you the entire meal since it keeps the meat warm, and consequently the entire meal had a disgusting smell, similar to an ashtray. So probably the meat was good and it looked really good but with the smells, I could not taste much. I had ordered an onion salad which I was quite looking forward. But there again for more than 5 chf, there were only one onion cut into rough slices with 2 quarter of tomatoes, 2 slices of cucumber, two chillies and two pieces of lemon.... With regards to the dessert, if you opt for the ice cream coupe at around 10 chf, only expect something very basic, in fact much better to take the ice cream at Mövenpick instead. Overall, for the price I had paid, I would have expected something perfect, which was not the case. In my view this meal was really overpriced. They also serve buffet in the evening, which seemed quite nice but after my late experience and considering the money aspect, I will not attempt another go, even though the waitresses were quite friendly.

• Visited January 2013