“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Khan's

Khan's
Marktgasse 17, Zurich 8001, Switzerland (Old Town)
+41 (0) 44 261 21 82
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #439 of 1,375 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Authentic Indian restaurant in the heart of Old Town Zurich. Taste our fabulous curries or try our rich buffet, Khan's offers a vast variety of authentic meals, cooked by our Indian cooking team. Khan's is located in the vibrant Old Town part of Zurich, very close to fancy bars, clubs and to Lake Zurich.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We come up climbing the stairs and at first sight we saw chef filling up the buffet,got happy to see Indian Chefs taking care.We were asked if we have a reservation and were told about the "all you may eat Buffet". We decided to try buffet this time, which was our second time in this restaurant during our Zurich trip.I would say very good quality of food served in a very friendly manner.Although its not cheap but worth while.we will come back next time we are in Zurich.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

mumbai
““Dessert or no Dessert”?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

For Fr.45 all inclusive buffet, you’d think you wouldn’t be given the silly choice of “dessert or no dessert”, halfway through your meal. Apparently, the non-dessert option is available to you, just in case you’d like to save Fr.5 (not that the dessert is magnificent affair-cut-fruits is a sickeningly sweet syrup. Bah !). But the biggest disappointment at Khan’s is the miserly buffet.

A few random vegetarian coupled with an insipid chicken gravy and a cacophony of pickles and chutneys make up the mediocre offerings, aimed at the gullible Westerner.

According to the restaurant staff, they sacrificed variety / range, due to a space shortage ! Avoid ! And head for the superb “Hitli” restaurant which does Indian, but with that nouveau touch !

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Zurich
“Too expensive for basic food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited this restaurants with friends a couple days ago.
The location is surely great, but we felt that price-quality relation was not very interesting...
35 CHF for a vegetarian buffet, without drinks inside is way too much, even for Zurich center.
The carrots in one of the salads were not fresh...
And on our table were walking 3 ants during the whole evening! That makes really wonder on the state of the cuisine ans what you could find there...
The waitress was nice though, and the place beautiful.
However, I wouldn't recommend this place, and won't go there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Beau Bassin - Rose Hill
“Divine Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Before travelling to Zurich, I tracked the Khan's Resto as I thought if I wanted a homely and classy food I could always visit there. However I get so involved in my trip preparation that I forgot to note down the address. One late evening I was strolling in the Old Zurich city and I found myself infront of Khan's door. It was predestined for me to have dinner there. I was advised to book my table, which I did. I returned back to have dinner to my surprise the Resto was fully booked! Many local Swiss people were enjoying full 3 course meals! We were conducted to a very cosy corner by Mr. Tarun Jadon. The menu was exquisite and tasted Indian. For a second I could not even think that I was in the heart of Zurich eating home food. Once was not enough I went back to have dinner a second time. No need to say whenever I will be in Zurich I will visit the Resto.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice looking, but average service and one-note food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've lived in Zurich for over a year now, but have so far avoided Indian cuisine, in part because there are so many good Indian restaurants in England.

Nevertheless, having been persuaded by a colleague to try this place out, we visited on a Saturday evening. As to be expected, it was very busy; it was also very hot. The place looks nice, but it is more style over substance.

Service was typically Swiss - what was particularly annoying was how long a round of beers took to come. And the fact they brought a selection of poppadoms before they had brought drinks. I had to ask the waiter five minutes later for our drinks; ten minutes later they arrived. No other server seemed to care that we did not have drinks.

What about the food? First it is expensive - which is to be expected in Zurich of course. Poppadoms do not come with pickles - you have to order them as an extra. Main courses are around 30-35CF, but at least do come with rice. I chose the Butter Chicken, which was quite tasty, but certainly nothing special. I tasted a few of my friend's curries and wasn't particularly impressed; most tasted quite basic spice-wise. Would I go again? No. If I had to have Indian food again in Zurich I would try somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013