“Great seafood Italian” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bianchi

Bianchi
Limmat-quai 82, Zurich 8001, Switzerland (Old Town)
044 262 98 44
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great seafood Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is not a cheap place, but great italian food, good value or money in zurich's standard.
Specialty here is seafood, but other choices also seemed good.
Among the Bindella group Italian restarants in ZUrich, I found here the best so far.
Service was nothing notably special, but was all good I think. I will come back to this place again.

I had
- buffalo mozzarella with cherry tomatoes
- poached salmon white ine sauce

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Zürich
“Expensive fish restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Welll: expensive, expensive, expensive!!!

For a romantic evening with my husband it was the right place! Very nice & elegant atmosphere al'italiana!

Service is precise & nice & quick.

But, despite the fact the food is good, nothing exceptionnal to be sincere...just good fish dishes.

I took the lobster tail as main & I had a little lobster tail with a very little amount of spinach, not very happy with that...

We have spent more or less CHF 300 for 2 (starters, main, desserts, wine, water, aperitives...)

It's a restaurant for special occasions or for people they don't worry about their wallet.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Good fish meals at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My business contract picked the place for dinner which was opposite the river, it was a 10 min walk from the HBF. The restaurant had a warm and cozy ambience and it was packed. I had fish soup and cod fish with ice-cream for dessert. Topped off the meal with a chardonnay.
The fish was fresh and well cooked. Soup was a little too salty though. Service was quick and efficient by the busy staff.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Excellent fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Loved the location, service and great seafood dishes. An expensive outing, so a business trip makes it easier to digest (like most of Zurich).

Visited November 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“How not to run a restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The oddest thing happened to me last week while on a business trip to Zurich. I was supposed to have a dinner meeting with a Local Swiss colleague of mine the day of my arrival and had suggested to him two restaurants, quite known to me, my first choice would have been the Rive Gauche adjacent to the Baur-au-lac while the second, a favorite of mine, especially during truffle season, the Contrapunto on the Paradeplatz - however my colleague suggested that we try the Bianchi on Limmatquai, to the best of my knowledge one of the Bindela group restaurants which also owns/manages Contrapunto, so I heeded to his request and immediately called for a reservation for two at 7:00 pm.
files under my arms, I arrived at 6:45, I would be the first diner to arrive, was greeted by the maitre D' and directed to a table against the wall that can seat 4 - which seemed to me that I would be sharing my table with other patrons, not pleasant if you are discussing business, I politely asked if I can have the separate table for two just behind us by the window for privacy, but my request was immediately turned down, " Not Possible " was the answer. reluctantly I thought to myself that maybe having reserved a table some 6 hours earlier that day, I may have been lucky to be given one. and this is where I realized I was at the wrong place - a middle aged Italian couple walked in and asked for a table for two, the same maitre D' greeted them in the same manner and asked if they had a reservation, to which the couple replied in perfect Italian that they had NOT, To my great surprise they were directed to the table for two by the window that I had asked for !!! I tried to keep my cool and asked for a glass of a Barbera D'alba red to soothe my nerves which arrived as soon as my guest arrived. I was now hoping that the food would cover up for the bad P.R of the Maitre D' - alas it was as bad, I opted for the tonno and toasted bread , which by the way was stale for starters and their specialty as it was indicated in the menu the cappellacci al burro e salvia, a usual favorite of mine - which was obviously not properly defrosted!! the tips of the ravioli-like cappellacci were cold and hard! by now we are sharing our table with the newcomers - we passed on dessert and coffees as we needed to get out of this place as soon as possible and 220SFR later badly spent!

• Visited October 2012