“Great room, great food, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heugumper

Heugumper
Waaggasse 4, Zurich 8001, Switzerland (Old Town)
044.211 16 60
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 1,375 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: French, Italian, Swiss, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
Boston
“Great room, great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I started an extended European vacation in Zurich and walked into Heugümper on our own. Heugümper was a great introduction to what Zurich has to offer. I loved the small room’s ambiance. The Swiss wine was uninspiring but that was all my doing. My lamb and my wife’s veal were both wonderful. The service was attentive and personal despite some small language barriers which lead to us having two servers (both stunningly beautiful) attend to our table, along with the owner/hostess. It is always great to stumble upon a great dining experience, especially on your first night travelling in a new European city.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food in a informal setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

4 th visit for us and each time we have been impressed by the menu, quality and variety of food, service and wine. Some people might find the service a bit slow but the owners do explain in advance that they only have a small kitchen. For us the 2 hours passed very quickly and we look forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highly overrated, salty, luke-warm food, arrogant service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Been there with a friend who invited me. Looks nice from the outside as well as from the inside. Service is a bit arrogant (my friend had stories about their infamously arrogant and rude service).

Well, I was there for the food. If you pay 250 USD for 2 people I expect a certain amount of professionalism in the kitchen, even in arrogant Zurich.

Smoked Salmon was tasteless and too warm (as if it was lying around for 5-6 hours in the warm), dish uninspired. Veal wrapped in bacon was overcooked, risotto WAY too salty and almost cold.

If my friend wasn't inviting, I'd have left without paying. A 16-year old could have cooked this slightly better. This has been become my number one NOT recommended restaurant in Zurich.

• Visited September 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Zurich
“excellent and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Small restaurant in the center of Zurich, simple furniture but a good ambiance. The food was excellent and over all the service was very effective and friendly. The prices are at the level of prices in Zurich city tending to the high side, but the dishes seem to have been prepared to order and this can be tasted. Excellent

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zürich
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

The food is what keeps us coming back. Creative chef Rene works his magic everytime. Sweet place, nice open wines.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere