“Best Peking duck in Switzerland!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best Peking duck in Switzerland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have always loved Nagasui and the sister restaurant, Tiffins. I have found the food to be always consistently excellent! Tonight we ordered the crispy soft shell crab which was very good, it is the only place I know of here which has this on the menu. The gyoza was also very good and the peking duck was amazing! The service is great and everyone is very friendly. I am one of those customers who asks for extra hot chilies, extra sauce, extra everything and they always bring it served with a smile. I highly recommend these two restaurants, the food is fabulous and they treat you like royalty!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marc J, Manager at Nagasui, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Funthymes

Thank you for your visit to Nagasui and your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Chinese specialties as well as the service during your dinner and I will happily forward your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more memorable, please do not hesitate to ask our staff.

We look forward to your next visit to Nagasui.

Kind regards
Marc Jost

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food, great service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A great restaurant with awesome customer service and atmosphere. We have been on a number of occasions and the food is always good quality, tasty and quick. Would thoroughly recommend the Drunken noodles and the dessert platter to share :)

Zurich, Switzerland
“Ver good Asian food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been many times at Nagasui, every I have eaten there was really good.
"Asian Fusion" describes best the menu. Classic dishes such as dim sum, sweet-sour chicken, sushi and thai curries are on the menu along with many modern creations.
Cocktails are also very good.
All in all, a great value for your money.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zurich
“A rare Chinese fine dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

To me, a good Cantonese roast duck and a perfectly steamed (whole) fish are key to an authentic Chinese fine dining experience. Nagasui is the only place that could offer that to me, with advance reservation.

I have tried roast duck in other Chinese restaurants but they didn't have the same "freshly roasted" taste as in Nagasui. The fish was steamed to perfection. Other dishes we tried included steamed aubergine with a fine, tangy sauce (slightly sweet and sour, hint of garlic and chilli - I should have asked for the recipe.. ) and green beans with minced pork. The desserts were excellent, even to me who is not a fan of puddings. Service was friendly and efficient.

It is a pity that there were not more people in the restaurant (it was a Saturday evening) despite the high quality of food and friendly services.

All of us enjoyed the dinner very much, and some of us wished that there were cushions on the wooden benches....

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Chinese for circa CHF35 per person”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Have been there 5 or 6 times, mostly during my lunch break with colleagues. Price is a bit high, but it matches the general prices in Zurich. Easy to find, does not offer a super view from in or outside. During lunch times the place gets full - specially if the weather is hot - and you can also enjoy your meal in the external area. Be prepared though for sharing the tables with other customers.