“Good Value (for Montreux!)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 96 Restaurants in Montreux
Cuisines: Chinese
Javea, Spain
“Good Value (for Montreux!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Finding good value places to eat in Montreux if you are not used to Swiss prices is difficult! We ate here 3 times and had their dish of the day which was a generous plateful of a meat dish with rice and a free soft drink included for about 13.50 chf. The staff were helpful & spoke excellent English. For two persons, allow about 25 to 30 chf, just for main course & drink. If that is too dear, don't stay in Montreux!

Visited January 2013

Rome, Italy
“cheap Asian food in the centre of Montreux”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This small restaurant is sparsely decorated with the usual Chinese lanterns and prints.
The menu offers Cantonese dishes as well as Thai and Malaysian.
I went there for an early lunch on a weekday and was the only customer in the place, so I don't know what the service is like when it's full, but the waitress was attentive and smiling.
I had a Tom Yam soup that was full of spicy flavour, with pieces of chicken, mushrooms and prawns adding substance and texture.
My Malaysian sambal rice could have done with more chilli - I guess they adapt the spices to European taste - but it was tasty and contained plenty of juicy prawns and tender beef.
I recommend it for an unpretentious meal at reasonable cost (it's cheap by Swiss standard, especially the set menu).

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous food, low price, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time here with my family. We got some dim sum for starter and I ate roasted duck while my wife and my children had samba fried noodles and sweet and sour chicken. We really enjoy them.
The service was friendly and esspecially, the price is lower than Swiss average a lot. I will definitely come back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Nice place with nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had a holiday to Suisse in this summer. Emperor is located at the center of Montreux. I enjoyed the food, the service was good & the price is not expensive, especially the menu of the day, u only paid 11.50 for 1 meal

• Visited June 2012