“Nice and cousi restaurant, a real Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 96 Restaurants in Montreux
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Nice and cousi restaurant, a real Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great place to be, as a Mexican I was surprised with food quality I felt at home. Great staffs

Montreux, Switzerland
“Pity for the business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Nice and cozy restaurant. What surprised us was the price for two small ordinary burritos, on the menu mini-burritos for 10CHF, whereas charged 20CHF the staff excusing themselves they did not understand. Not our problem I guess? So why no one tried to rectify this on our bill to keep regular clients? Apart we ordered main dish for 24CHF which could not be compared with the small one. We left quite disappointed and although residents in Montreux we are not planning to return to this place. Pity for the business I guess.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zürich
“Worst Burrito ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Staff was nice. Orders were taken quickly. But the food we received was very disappointing: Have you ever had eaten a Burrito wrapped in a fried burrito oozed in fat without side dishes? We could not believe what we got for the CHF 25.- Burrito menue and when we went home, we even had problems with our somage.
We chose this restaurant because it looked very inviting from the outside, neetly decorated and cozy.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreux, Switzerland
“Authentic Mexican charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Although my first time over there I was reluctant to enter as the entrance tables seem to be always empty I decided to take a chance. What I found was absolutely worth the risk.
This small restaurant is beautifully decorated with traditional Mexican elements such as ancient pictures, colorful “sarapes” and couches. It offers an open kitchen for the pleasure of the clients who enjoy watching a chef’s passion in preparing all this real and traditional Mexican food. After having visited Mexico it becomes a pleasure to be able to find some fantastic dishes like the all time famous guacamole, sopes, tacos and my personal favorite: chilaquiles.
I have always enjoyed food there and the service is good. The owners appear to be the Maitre d’ and the chef, while he’s from Chile the chef is Mexican which may the reason behind the success of this charming place. Pricing is fair and surprisingly beverages are very low-priced in comparison to any other restaurant in the area, even in Switzerland. Some things could be improved but considering the size of the restaurant and the staff number I really consider it being a well managed place.
Strongly recommend to reserve especially on weekends as the place is likely to be full and the restaurant runs out of supplies as everything is basically freshly prepared. Would definitely come back again and would recommend it to anyone.

Montreux
“Great place to Feel The mexican warmness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I've the chance to enjoy the Fonda Mexican 1time a week alon or with my wife and daughters. Each time it's an incredible pleasure.
Special TKs to Victor and his wife to give us their latin warmness.
Gracias a los dos por todos estos buenos momentos compartidos par i y mi familia .