“If you choose Tralala be ready to climb” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue du Temple 2, Montreux 1820, Switzerland   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Montreux
Certificate of Excellence 2014
istanbul
“If you choose Tralala be ready to climb”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

It takes about 15 minutes to climb to the hotel or you have take a taxi ( which is very expensive) there is also a bus going to the hotel but not at night times and sundays...
There is no wardrobe in the rooms no refrigerator and no air-co..
The german receptionist is very helpfull.
The room looks more like to a hostel room than three stars..
If you want to stay in Montreux i recommend to stay in downtown.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Expect a uphill trek from the train station to the hotel, but in the end it was all worth it. We had packed light hence we took the challenge to walk uphill for about 20 mins which was quite scenic, but alternatively bus no 206 would directly take you to the hotel door. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Allain at the front desk who was very helpful and knowledgeable. He offered us juice/wine and also fulfilled our request when we asked for a room with a view (Once again thank you allain). Would recommend this hotel if you are fine climbing the hill (very relaxing and excellent views once there)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I called on my way into town this was Lonely planets top choice in Montreux, I was lucky enough to reserve the last room. When I arrived I was warmly greeted and found a modern and funky place, the reception person was very helpful and knowledgeable,I was offered a glass of wine.and was then shown to my room which was on the 3rd floor on a corner, it overlooked the neighborhood and also the street which was very nice although a little noisy until later in the evening .My room was modern and spotless during my three night stay it was tended to each day. Breakfast was included in my room price and I did have a little trouble figuring out the set up in the dining area .Parking is also a bit of a challenge but I usually found a spot within a couple of minutes walk and it was always nice walking through very hilly old area ,I would say the setting and location are great and I had a feeling of really being in a special place ,I discovered a charming bakery just around the corner.When it was time to move on I found I was sad to leave this lovely Hotel and area,I look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are noisier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oaxaca, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

From the train station to the hotel, expect an uphill trek. You need transportation, unless you are backpacking and traveling light. A short walk from the hotel leads to scenic Lake Geneva.

I arrived early, and my room wasn't quite ready. However, upon arrival, all guests receive an offer of coffee, tea or wine. I enjoyed my no charge glass of wine, and pleasantly endured a very short wait before I could rid myself of my luggage. I also received a free bus pass, good throughout my stay, which came in handy the day I left, to return to the train station. By the way, the design of Swiss buses makes taking luggage on and off easy.

Clearly thought out hotel policies provide guests with niceties that create an "I'm special" feeling. Stellar place to stay. One drawback, if you expect to eat at your hotel, the restaurant has limited selection, clearly pointed out by the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Alicante
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Someone booked the rooms for me so after a hearty walk up the hill found a quirky hotel in the middle of the old quarter, very friendly welcome and clean comfortable rooms - not much in the way of amenities but then this is Montreux and plenty to do elsewhere

Room Tip: Hotel reception / bar closes at 11.00 so dont get there late or ring ahead
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The room was very good, in a modern little hotel. Reception personnel not as hospitable as was expected. The uphill to the hotel is near impossible, especially with any sort of luggage - a taxi is to be advised, but we weary of them taking advantage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bedale, North Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived at the hotel, by car, parking is available, offered a glass of wine on arrival, then shown to our room on the second floor, very pleasant decor, we overlooked the street and there is a certain amount of road noise, but nothing to complain about, several restaurants are located in walking distance and the hotel is close to a very pleasant walk up the Gorge

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tralala Hotel Montreux? Share your experiences!