“Great and varied food, but slow on the service” 4 of 5 stars

21 321 38 30
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Bleu Lezard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 481 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: French, Bar, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“Great and varied food, but slow on the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went to this restaurant several times, and it is a must in Lausanne!

The good points:
The restaurant is ideally located in the heart of Lausanne, the kind of easy going place that offers a great ambiance (sometimes they have themes or wall expositions of local artists) with simple furniture but you easily feel cosy.
The place is also a bar, so you can head for a beer or some light dishes. It can also be a nice place for brunch.
I love the food there. Their menu offers a great variety of delicious dishes, the kind that tries to surprise you in a good way. The presentation is usually also very nice.
The prices are a bit expensive but I think it is worth it.

The "can do better":
The staff is friendly but service can be sometimes slow so not for people in a hurry specially for diner on the weekend.
The toilets are a bit too old
The basement is a night club, so the place can be quite crowded with no chance of finding a place during the weekend nights

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vevey, Switzerland
“Tales of the second trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to Bleu Lezard twice, one for my birthday and the second for my friends birthday, both times i enjoyed myself... the food was delicious and the drinks even more so :)
My friend however was not so keen on the second visit, as her deer stake was cremated to say the least, not quite what we had ordered (medium rare).
The service is slow, often with a good hour or two wait for food to be presented, however beverages are washed down in astronomical quantities while we wait ;)
I would recommend this place to the more mature persons...

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Went for dancing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went as a couple for dancing late in the evening. Was a lot of fun. there was a bachelor party going on. We arrived I think around 11:00 pm & the fun had not yet started

Visited May 2012
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Fine place, good menu, but the service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I feel good when I'm in Blue Lezard, they have always I want to drink and eat, even more. The music is wonderful and the atmosphere great. But... I'm so sorry I had to renonce at 2 stars for the Service; some waiters are really rude with customers, and that's unacceptable. Their humor is poor, and sometimes they totally misunderstand what you ask for. So.... everything is excellent but service; once ameliorated, 5 stars for them.

Visited January 2013
UK
“Just go for dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate on a Sunday night- maybe this is why we waited a really long time for two simple dishes. The waitress was friendly enough and apologised- I think she said that the salmon had gone cold and another had to be cooked. ( my french isnt 100%) Good that they didn't serve the cold one, but it really wasn't busy. The lady who sat on the next table arrived after us and had her meal and dessert before we saw our main course. The mains were fine, but of course we were hungry by then- the Creme brûlée was amazing- I would return just for that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere