“what a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lausanne
Hotel Albatros Navigation
Save Saved
You added Hotel Albatros Navigation to your Saves list
Place de la Navigation | Ouchy 6, Lausanne CH-1000, Switzerland   |
Ranked #36 of 40 hotels in Lausanne
long beach california
“what a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

Although this hotel was not listed in your travel web, it does unfortunately exist. A well-intentioned family member made the reservations at this poor excuse of an inn. But for the fact that we had family obligations and a myriad things scheduled, never in a million years would we have stayed here. The place is beyond shabby. The paint is peeling. The rugs are worn and dirty. The lobby stinks of old cigarette smoke and fried fish, not to mention it is by far one of the tackiest lobbies we've encountered in a civilized country. The rooms are sad. The beds are so close to the floor it's disgusting. There is no A/C. Open the window and you can't hear yourself think because of the noise. There were no overhead lights except for the bathroom. It was very difficult to do anything at night in the room because of the poor lighting. The clincher was the price: Close to $200 per night. Fortunately, our visit was short.

• Liked — view of lake
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

5 people have reviewed this hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2002

Noisy location, lots of traffic noise, small dark rooms, adequate but not-particularly friendly or helpful front desk staff. We were travelling with two small children, so the hotel made up the fold-out couch before we arrived. When doing do, they arranged the sofa cushions around the top of the sofa. When we walked in the door, the draft (presumably) knocked a cushion off the top of the sofa and knocked over the only floor lamp, scattering glass all over the room. I had to carry my children in the bedroom and keep them there so they wouldn't get hurt. We called the front desk immediately and waited an hour for someone to come and clean up the mess. We finally left, and when we got back several hours later the room had been cleaned, but they never replaced the light. Given how dark the rooms were to start with, that light was really needed.

The woman at the front desk was unable to provide me with the location of a self-service laundromat anywhere in the city, and the laundry I found up the street was closed for vacation, so we had to have the hotel do our laundry--$131 for 5 day's worth of laundry for 4 people! We gave them the laundry at 10:00 am and it wasn't returned until 4:00 the next day. We had to beg them to at least launder one short and trousers so that my husband would have something to wear for a meeting he was attending. It was especially annoying because I had asked when the laundry would be ready before I turned it over, and was told "ce soir." I certainly wasn't told "demain, dans l'apres-midi."

The tourist office had told me that this was a family-friendly hotel, which is why we chose it. But the windows are easily fallen out of, and the lights, as we found out, were very tippy. I was also disappointed at the size of the fold-out couch that both my children were expected to sleep in. American hotels would not expect two children to fit in a bed that size. My daughter ended up sleeping on the floor.

The good part about the location is that it is only a few steps from the Metro, on at least one major bus route, and directly across the street from a major public park/playground. My kids loved the location. If you want that type of location, the Movenpick would be a good choice. (I tried to move over there but they were full.) If you like boats, the yacht harbor is right there. There is a nice view of Lac Leman.

Been to Hotel Albatros Navigation? Share your experiences!