“Fresh Mex at its best in Europe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 431 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Mexican, Swiss, Californian, Healthy
Dining options: Takeout, Street Food
Description: Burrito Brothers is born out of a combination of fresh, local produce, Mexican inspired recipes and California street food style. The result is an incredible mix of flavors wrapped in a perfectly portable tortilla shell.
san diego
“Fresh Mex at its best in Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Having come to live in Europe from California, I always have something missing in my diet / stomach: authentic Mexican food -- that is until I located the Burrito Brothers on a bridge in Lausanne. I went there with my wife, and we ordered one chicken- and one beef burrito. The food was very well presented, fresh, "made to order", and delicious. Unlike any other "Mexican" place I have ever tried in Europe, they guys have the "standard" condiments that meet the criteria for authentic Fresh Mex: salsa, guacamole, cilantro (coridander), grilled peppers -- which are all prepared by Burrito Brothers. The eating area was clean and made good use of the space available.

I can't say that I have ever had eaten a "Mexican" burrito in Europe until I visited Burrito Brothers. Price-to-quality ratio was very favorable to the wallet and the stomach, as the portion was generous. I actually inquired about the smaller sized burrito, because maybe the portion was a bit too generous! and expanding my belt.

I heard the waiting line can grow out the door around lunchtime...that's definitely a good sign, but if you can't wait, maybe it's better to get there slightly before/after the "main" lunch hour.

They also have a nice selection of colas that are refreshing and "hit the spot"

Will return without a doubt and definitely recommend this place for anybody who wants to try a "real" burrito, or students from abroad who are growing homesick without some Mexican in their lives!

• Visited January 2014