“Interesting mix of Italian/Swiss food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: We speak English
Montreux, Switzerland
“Interesting mix of Italian/Swiss food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were guests of a very nice couple last night at this relatively new restaurant in Lausanne.
It was rather quiet but that didn't matter as the owner was extremely friendly.
I'm not sure it was exactly what I was expecting of an Italian restaurant but I can highly recommend the Cerf.
Very pleasant Red wine from the Valais but I believe there was a lack of Rose wine on the list.
However,on a busy night I would imagine there would be more atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A new restaurant, well run, excellent service and delicious food. What always makes the difference is superb ingredients, and they have them. Sauteed mushrooms, beef filet, various pastas, all excellent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
makati
“Read this to decide to go or not.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is proof that italian food is more than thirty pizzas toppings and four pasta sauces.

We ate dishes we didn't even know existed, in combinations that take a lot of confidence to serve at a restaurant. Especially when you consider that there are only a handful of dishes on the menu - even then, it was tough to settle for one entrée (I couldn't afford two main dishes, but happy to say I was satisfied with the one I chose).

The owner said the menu changes every three months. It's remarkable that the place stands out from the long list of italian restaurants in Lausanne - food, hospitality, decoration, drinks. Ostario serves the best italian food in the neighbourhood. I'd recommend going, no doubt.

We'll go back in three months, when the next menu is out, and my wallet permits two desserts and more drinks on the terrace.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sonoma, California
“A delightful surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Lausanne and found the only negative the high cost of food. We searched for quality restaurants that were not excessively expensive. The Osteria Balsamico met that criterion. We had a wonderful dinner sitting outside--luckily the street repair was not going on. If it had been, we would have enjoyed the attractive interior. We had a wonderful first course followed by pasta dishes. The service was friendly and efficient. The wait person gave us excellent advice about local wines.

If you're looking for a restaurant that is not pretentious but serves excellent food, don't overlook this one.

Visited July 2013
monza
“The best italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in this place
and we found autenthic italian food
,nice people and atmosphere.
I really suggest to test it!
Good quality/price ratio