This place has the charm of a prison, and beds to match. Our room had not been cleaned from the prior guests and there was rotting food in the closets. It has a serious institutional vibe with metal frame beds and concrete floors, walls, ceiling. We have stayed in many other hostels and this one was by far the worst. Long way from train station, but close to the lake. Lots of students here--that's ok, but expect a bit of noise in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The city of Lausanne stands on a hill and has steep, narrow streets, so strong muscles are required, particularly for the uphill climb to the cathedral, the most important Gothic monument in Switzerland. Window-shop in the bric-a-brac and antique shops or take a breather in one of the numerous bistros and bars, or along the lovely promenade of the former fishing village of Ouchy, in the Musee de la Photographie, which is worth a visit, or at the Swiss Cinematheque (with its picture archive of famous Europeans) or Olympic Museum (the only one in the world). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Lausanne Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Hotel Lausanne
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Lausanne