Our institute offered a a subsidized trip to Switzerland, involving Lectures, Seminars and local sightseeing at the end of our MBA. Lausanne Youth hostel was where we based ourselves as we travelled up and down in that beautiful country. The hostel was conveniently located about 5 minutes bus ride from the city center (Ouchy) and about 15 minutes from Lausanne Railway station.
Having never seen student hostel life, it was a unique experience for many of us. There were seperate rooms for boys and girls. Most rooms had 3 or 4 Bunk Beds. Bathrooms were located outside the rooms, common for all residents. Taking baths in shower stalls while chatting and throwing soap and shampoo bottles to our friends in adjoining stalls still brings smile to my face. Buffet breakfast was a simple affair, nothing fancy. Juice, Milk, Cereal, Toasted bread and Eggs.
The hostel was always full of backpackers and people seeking overnight budget accomodation. The regulars gave us great tips about which sights to see and places where we can get cheap beer ! Lausanne is a beautiful city. The lake front at Ouchy is where we spent most of our evenings. Also, 20 minutes away is Nyon, the prettiest cobblestoned village you will ever see.
Lausanne tends to miss out amongst big Swiss cities like Geneva, Zurich and Bern. However, it is no less worthy of a stopover. The Olympic Museum is also located here.
- Also Known As:
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Hotel Lausanne
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Hotel
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Lausanne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The city of Lausanne stands on a hill and has steep, narrow streets, so strong muscles are required, particularly for the uphill climb to the cathedral, the most important Gothic monument in Switzerland. Window-shop in the bric-a-brac and antique shops or take a breather in one of the numerous bistros and bars, or along the lovely promenade of the former fishing village of Ouchy, in the Musée de la Photographie, which is worth a visit, or at the Swiss Cinémathèque (with its picture archive of famous Europeans) or Olympic Museum (the only one in the world). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Lausanne Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.