“Great beer menu, very poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brew Pub, Swiss, Fondue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gibraltar
“Great beer menu, very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place could be great. It's pretty, food is nice and they have a great selection of bottled beers. However, the service is so poor and uninviting that it's near impossible to have a good time there. Try the "Bar Tabac" is you're looking for great beer AND a good vibe.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pasadena, California
“Good food, but they literally cheat you.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I wandered down the hill and spotted this interesting restaurant. They advertised Rosti Zurichoise (Rosti w/ veal stroganoff) for chf 39.50 on a placard "special" that was hung on their railing. I went in and ordered it, along with a $10 beer.
It was a large plate, well prepared. I was pleased.
I received the bill and... they had charged me chf 44.00 for the Rosti. I don't usually bother, but this was just unreasonable. So I complained and they told showed me the price on the menu. On the menu, it was 44.00. I pointed out that it was "on special" according to the placard out front. I took them out front and showed them the placard. They said, "Yes, that's what it's advertised at, but that's not what we charge." We charge what's on the menu.
Seriously!? I could understand a mistake, to be rectified by charging me what the placard said and then removing the placard. But they simply charged the full amount.
Do not pay your bill without checking it. Better yet, just don't go there. Their attitude is outrageous.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food and beer so not cheap!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went here last night with a few colleagues and I was blown away by the prices to be honest. I'm on expenses so it's not too much of a problem but still, its amazing how much they can charge.
I had the Beef Stroganoff Rosti and that was very nice but the 48CHF price tag would have scared me off as a tourist. I had a couple of beers as well, none of which I can remember their names though. However a 50CL beer is around 10CHF!
So, if you're on expenses, don't mind a sweaty walk up the hill from the station, I would recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Ok for a lunch or a beer sometimes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A shy pub in the old Lausanne center, with some beer (not that much) and some typical bavarian food. No animation, no young feeling, it could be a fine place to eat something different but not a "most" one.

Visited February 2013
Belgrade
“Fantastic food, friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It's a very nice place to have a good portion of traditional food. There is a nice choice of Swiss and German food. I have tried a fantastic sausage and very nice potato with a smoked ham.
Excellent choice if you don't want fancy (and very expensive) French restaurants in Lausanne.

Visited January 2013