“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 116 Hotels in Zermatt
London
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Best hotel in a fantastic location.
We have been many times. The service is always reserved but excellent. Food is lovely - breakfast is a treat.
The rooms are big and very clean and well decorated - all v modern.
The hot tub is made of black granite and has the most stunning view, and the flower steam room is so relaxing.
Overall one of the best we've stayed in. Go in summer though as its cheaper!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Staff are well trained, anticipate you needs and then exceed them. A pool to die for as well, baked my wife a birthday cake. Twice. The ride up the tunnel and lift is also interesting. Restaurant excellent, but difficult to get bookings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Setting aside for the moment that this hotel is spectacular to look at and is classed as very modern by the locals, I would predict that this is the traditional Swiss/Zermatt hotel of the future.

The quality of everything hits the right note for the wife and I. The food is to die for, so are the drinks, but it is the spa that manages to enhance the hotels facilities above most in the village.

However the true gem here and where this hotel excels is in its recruitment strategy. Each member of staff (although in their twenties) are bright young things that infuse energy into the hotel, with a high level of style and passion rarely found in twenty something's anywhere these days. On arrival we were greeted like family and this mindset exists in all of the crew, whether it is at the front desk, in the restaurant or in their inspired Cavern Bar. Put simply they care to care and it shows!

Should the current 2Mbs wifi be replaced to a more realistic 100mbs with 100% coverage and a Swiss chocolate appear on the pillow case for turndown, then they will have hit the jackpot.

Well done Team Omnia you have changed the pace in Zermatt for the better, which is saying something and you should be very proud of yourselves!

• Stayed March 2013
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Mr Swallows

Thank you very much for your kind review. You are actually spot on because I could just read out loud your comments about the colleagues to potential candidates at a presentation at a reknown Swiss Hotel School.

I am so pleased that you got the feeling of family, because that is exactly what we live by. Having our colleagues with fire in their hearts and sparks in their eyes, makes our work so wothwhile.

Thank you very, very much.
yours sincerely
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Returned from The Omnia on Mar 7th after a 5 night stay. It is as good if not better than all the previous reviews, I can't recommend it highly enough! From the welcome to the goodbye all the staff were first class.
The hotel has been fully and accurately described in previous posts and everything they say is "spot on", it is a real experience. The furniture and fittings are all so well designed and thought out, like everything else including the service, the attention to detail was exact.
We stayed in the Corner Suite next to the Matterhorn Suite (that was occupied by friends) and it was excellent!
Whilst skiing I fell and broke my collarbone into 5 pieces and the hotel could not have been more helpful! Philippe the manager offered his assistance and sent a personal email when we left asking how the journey home was and how I was recovering. (On the mend and it hasn't put me off skiing or Zermatt!). Nothing was too much trouble.
2 very small points, the room didn't have an IPod dock, although it did have a Bose sound system and it would have been nice to have a coffee making facilities in the room. But I can forgive these minor points,
Overall this was one of the most interesting and one of best hotels we have ever stayed at. I even recommended "The Omnia" to the doctor who operated on me when I got back as he enquired where we stayed in Zermatt.
We hope to go back in the summer?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Martyn

What a nice review! Thank you so much! We all hope that you are feeling better by now and that you keep good memories of Zermatt despite your injury.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about the design of the Mountain Lodge; coming from an Architect, this really is an honor.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again soon. In the interim I send you my best regards. Stay safe.

Yours sincerely
Philippe
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed The Omnia and Zermatt. Choosing an ultra modern boutique hotel instead of the usual Alpine lodge was a big decision but it paid off. The decor is stunning and the views spectacular. Breakfast is elegant and delicious and the spa, with its Matterhorn view from the jacuzzi, a one off. We would highly recommend this hotel and this resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear James B
I am very happy that your "bold" decision paid off! Indeed the design by Ali Tayar is not comparable to the other hotels in Zermatt. All, our guests love the granite stone, oak woods, the overall design and we do everything we can to keep it in mint condition.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Yours sincerely
Managing Director
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Omnia hotel, I have to say is one of my favourite hotels to stay at! This hotel is close to ski/snowboard hills, sight seeing landmarks, great souvenir shops and fantastic restaurants (although "The Omnia Hotel" is one of the top rated places to eat). The dining room is amazing and the food presentation is unbelievable! The staff are willing to accomodate almost any request you have. The pool and spa, I absolutely loved! It was a calm and quiet pool area with a relaxing spa surrounding the outer part of the pool side. I really enjoyed skiing out of my hotel in just a short sleeve t-shirt and jeans. Zermatt is beautiful but The Omnia makes it better! I love this hotel soo much that I wish I could live there and I hope you feel this way too! Have fun!

Room Tip: Higher rooms, get a view of zermatt is better!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest

I am so happy that you loved The Omnia and I love your review! Thank you so much, we have all been thrilled to read and to share it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best wishes
yours sincerely
Managing Director
Ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We loved this hotel. Everything about it is faultless. The architectural and interior design is truly beautiful, the hotel snuggles into the hills surrounding Zermatt. A good amount of steel and glass has been used, the hotel is ultra modern but still manages to have a cosy feel. The service is top notch and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. We enjoyed the little touches, especially the help yourself Champagne at the breakfast bar. Ah well, we are on holiday. This hotel offers a perfect luxury escape.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Omnia? Share your experiences!