“Good ski school” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Activities in Zermatt
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: European Snowsport (ES) Zermatt is a small premier snow sport school offering quality private lessons and small (6) group lessons for children. ES specilizes in offering caring, qualified and fun instructor to make your holiday as special as possible.
London
19 attraction reviews
“Good ski school”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a holiday for 4 - we each had ski school and were satisfied with it. The beginners could have been better taught and the group was unnecessarily large. But I have experienced worse. The private lessons are worth paying out for.

Visited April 2013

“Ambrosius - great teacher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am at the cautious end of the intermediate skiing spectrum and wanted to improve my technique and my confidence. I had a couple of hours one to one with Ambrosius and left with an entirely new style to work on that made everything so much easier and gave me confidence to tackle the slopes. Highly recommend European Snowsport and particularly Ambrosius' calm, attentive but fun style of teaching.

Visited March 2013
Guildford England
22 attraction reviews
“Professional yet friendly; Expert yet flexible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

A really nice and professional ski instructing business. We had a range of ages, from 9 to 58, and skils from competent to excellent and we all benefited from some one to one coaching. Highly recommended especially Director Rowena Phillips who nevertheless gets out and teaches as well.

Convenient location and flexible around your timings and location desires.

Visited December 2012
JulianGriffiths, Owner at European Snowsport Zermatt, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your review most appreciated, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
“Just amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a great time in the lessons with Theo, who not only is a brilliant instructor, but also a very friendly guy. I arrived in Zermatt as a complete beginner and joined the beginners group. By Thursday I had progressed well and was ready to have a private lesson on Friday afternoon. It was awesome! The next day, Saturday, I was doing red pistes on my own or with more advanced friends. I was SO pleased, that I can't wait to go back again! I definitely got the bug, and I would not have enjoyed as much if Theo was not a patient and skilled instructor, who clearly cared for my progress. Well done Theo and ES - can't recommend them enough, as they have made all the difference.

Visited February 2013
Bristol, UK
“Fantastic ski school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have had a week of ski tuition with ESZ's Phoebe Griffiths and can't recommend her and the school highly enough. We are intermediate skiers and have had lots of instructors over the last 10 years and Phoebe has been easily the best. The reasons, I think, are that many instructors have a "one size fits all approach" that means you end up doing their favourite drills, whether they are relevant to your needs and flaws or not.

In happy contrast, Phoebe really diagnosed the things that we could tackle to improve our skiing, communicated them in a way that was easy to apply, and the consequent improvements were fast and impressive. All of this is particularly great when most of us have just a week or two on the slopes, and spending half the time getting back up to speed, leaves less time for having fun and improving.

And she is really fun to have as a teacher as well.

Keep up the good work and we will be back next year.

Simon & Meg