“Perfect relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked a superior room and the room was fantastic with the view of Matterhorn. We had a large terrace with a great view,a huge bathroom which was enough for my son to play plus a coffee machine. The hotel exceeds the usual European 3* standard. Staff was extremly polite and helpful. Cleaning was done regularly and breakfast was ok. Just 2-3 minutes walk ahead from the railway station and situated on the left. There are taxis near the railway station(which I didn't know) in case if you got heavy luggage. McDonalds just downstairs and there are many cafes and a supermarket close by. it's centrally located and we had a great time in beautiful Zermatt.

Room Tip: Request A room facing Matterhorn
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are newly renovated. Spacious and very well appointed including a coffe machine, fidge, safe and a good range of English TV.
The lady on reception was friendly, helpful and very informative. Breakfast was varied and generous. Very comfortable bed and it could be made up with sheets and blankets instead of the over hot doonas so common in hotels now, thus a really good nights sleep.
Being close to the railway station and lifts it makes a grat base for exploring Zermatt. We even saw the Matterhorn from our balcony!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

DISCLAIMER: This is my experience with the hotel. Someone else's may be completely different.
I booked the hotel for a one-night visit through their website. Or so I thought. The price quoted for three rooms was CHF 504. When we arrived, I was told that the site through which I made the reservation is actually not affiliated with the hotel, that they are already suing the person and that the actual price is CHF 100 more, CHF 600 to be exact. I decided to pay it, since we were travelling with friends and I wanted to have a nice pleasant stay. However, it should not be my problem that they have someone who is misquoting their prices and misrepresenting them. The lady at the reception, while nice and polite, when I told her about the price quoted and showed her my printout, asked me if someone from the hotel called me. Indeed, someone did call, but only to confirm the reservation, not to correct the pricing. CHF 100 is not the end of the world, but I feel they should honour their reservation anyway. The lady was not really apologetic.
Another annoyance was the WiFi, which is free, but only available in the reception and restaurant area, which is quite small. Frankly, for today's price of a proper access point, I would expect an AP on every floor.
Other than this, the rooms are very modern and very nicely done. Beds are quite comfortable, the bathroom is spacious, well lit and modern. The rooms are very clean. The included breakfast is nothing to brag about, just what one would expect.
All in all, the hotel is nice, but you should check your reservation and confirm your prices before going there, to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I came across this 3 star hotel in Zermatt by chance. Based on the location which is closed to Zermatt train station, I booked my Zermatt holidays in this hotel. I was pleasantly pleased with the location, the cleanliness, the help rendered to us. It was homely yet modern. I must thank Mr Gerad (if I got his name right) who was patient with us and helped us with our itinerary. The best we could ever got was the view of Mettahorn just right outside our hotel room balcony. Another plus point is the coffee maker that was able to brew fresh coffee using coffee capsule instead of the normal coffee sachet. Great service, I will recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Request for the highest floor that offer Mettahorn view from the hotel room balcony.
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great location on main pedestrian street. 2 min to the train station or Gornergratbahn. Helpful lady in the reception. Good breakfast. Nice, modern and tidy rooms.

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Zermatt is a typical French ski village with lots a completing hotels. However, the Testa Grigia stands out a little gem in the rough; we were pleasently surprised by the quality of the amenities. The hotel has been recently renovated and is very modern. Located five minutes easy walk from the staion and a similar distance to buses to access lifts. I would rate this as one of best alpine hotels I have stayed in; excellent value for money.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views of alpine scenery
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva_ch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Centrally located, modern and clean, with great service from staff. Fair prices for Zermatt. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Testa Grigia? Share your experiences!