Great customer service from hotel staff. Excellent lounge and sitting area with fire place and bar. Excellent location of hotel directly across the street from the central train station. However, Zermatt is a logistical nightmare. It takes about an hour to get to and up the mountain to ski. I wore gym shoes to walk to mountain transportation and did not put ski boots on until I reached the mountain top to ski. There are no lockers, so I skied with my gym shoes in my back pack. The views of the Matterhorn and surrounding mountains are so beautiful, so I guess it was worth it in the end.
The hotel has a fantastic morning breakfast buffet (loaded with eggs, sausage, bacon, champagne, orange juice, fruits, cold cuts, teas, breads, etc). Very worth the fee if your a breakfast eater.
No refreshment refrigerator in the room and when they require you to stay for a full week, this is difficult when traveling with small children. We used the outside balcony as a refrigerator.
Another negative was the low quality of the soaps & shampoos provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at the Schlosshotel in Zermatt! In our Hotel with 49 luxury rooms and Suites everyone feels good. Chose your room or your Suite just according to your wishes and requirements. At the Schlosshotel, very centrally located in Zermatt, you live a fairytale! Only 50m from the train station, very close to the main road and next to the Gorngergratbahn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Schlosshotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlosshotel Tenne Zermatt
- Schlosshotel Tenne Hotel Zermatt