“Really tasty meat!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 173 restaurants in Zermatt
Cuisines: Swiss, Grill
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Really tasty meat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Liked the atmosphere, the food, the staff, the wine! All was good! Outfit is casual so no need to dress yourself up, but it was still a restaurant:-)

Visited April 2013

88% Recommend
Maryland
“Amazing meal in Zermatt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I dined here on our last night in Zermatt. We had half board at our hotel and figured we should venture out at least one night for dinner, so we made reservations ahead of time. Definitely a good decision. We were seated immediately. The staff were friendly. We were seated next to their grill, which was more or less like sitting at the chefs table. We were able to watch as our Chateaubriand was being prepared. The steak was huge and cooked to perfection. To give you an idea about portion size, the Chateaubriand was enough for 4 servings and that included vegetables as well. They were very accommodating when making mixed drinks for us as we had a special request. The restaurant was busy and not exactly a romantic setting but the food was served in a timely fashion and there was no rush to leave.

• Visited May 2012
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Impressive meal, unexpectedly in two parts (20th Mar 2013)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

During my recent chalet skiing holiday there was the evening the great chalet host had the night off from cooking. The reps recommended Max Julen for an excellent steak meal and they were right. The helpful staff were friendly from the start to the end of the evening. It was a great chance to practice my German again and there was only one phrase I couldn't remember during the evening. Next time the waitress spoke to me she initially started in English but then caught herself and restarted in German again - a nice touch. The surprise was how the steak meal was presented. They carved the steak to show me to make sure it was cooked as I wished. While eating my main course I started to notice the other patrons getting a second course. Then my waitress told me she would just top up my french fries as the second half of my steak was coming shortly. She wasn't kidding, the second half of my main course arrived shortly thereafter. Great food and service throughout the evening...

• Visited March 2013
Krasnoyarsk
“Deer hunter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Best meat we tried last year. May be not the cheapest one, but deer was excellent!!!
Others steak were pretty good also!

Ashburn, Virginia
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although we travel to Zermatt on a yearly basis, this was our first time dinning at Chez Max Julen Restaurant. We loved it! The service was fantastic as was the Chateaubriand that you could watch being grilled on the open fire grill in the center of the dining room, the pom-frites are also great!. One thing we noted about the restaurant over many others in Zermatt, it was bright and open even at night, this made for a really enjoyable experience. This restaurant is well worth a night out!

• Visited March 2013