“As wonderful as the hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 173 restaurants in Zermatt
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore
“As wonderful as the hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed there last march. Even though we intended to check out other places too this time, we were still convinced that the restaurant at the Omnia was the best in town. Very special compared to the other restaurants, it was not sophisticated, just perfectly done. Both the food and the service were top notch. Especially the charming lady who was running the shift was fabulous. Always smiling, no request was a hassle, even when it wasn't anticipated.
Thank you.

Visited March 2012
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank your for sharing your impressions and your kind compliments for both the hotel and the restaurant.

I am even more pleased that you have enjoyed the service. There is hardly anything more rewarding than to share compliments such as yours with the team. As you say, we endeavour to anticipate our valued guests needs. That is why we are so passionate about what we do.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

90% Recommend
Munich, Germany
“New chef has done an excellent job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Went there because of excellent trip advisor rating and were not disappointed. I like the restaurant design already last time, but food had not been quite up to it. However with the new chef and the new service this is worth a visit. Especially if you do not stay at the Omnia hotel.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Member of Tripadvisor

First of all, thank you for your kind loyalty. I am very happy that you elected to dine with us again and that you have had an enjoyable time.

It is always a great pleasure to share compliments with our staff and I must say that they were ecstatic to read your review. Indeed, these comments fuel their passion or rather obsession to provide a unique dining experience.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
“Undercooked pork and chicken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Having been looking forward to dinner at Omnia all week we were left bitterly disappointed by the experience. Although the starters were fine, when the main course arrived it was immediately apparent the pork was undercooked and very pink / red, we sent it back only for the 2nd attempt at cooking the pork to be even redder! The chicken we also ordered appeared undercooked so I ate around the very pink bits... We simply felt we had no choice but to pay the bill and leave the reataurant after sending the pork back for a 2nd time. Neither my boyfriend or I are picky customers, we rarely (if ever) send food back, but this was absolutely dreadful for the price. I can't recommend Omnia, there are many much better restaurants in Zermatt.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Madam

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the experience you've had yesterday evening which wasn't as enjoyable as you may have anticipated. I sincerely regret, that the main course was not up to up to par with your expectations especially since you were looking forward to this dinner at our restaurant.

I have discussed the situation with our Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef in order to take the appropriate measures to ensure that all ingredients are cooked to our guests' liking.

It may certainly be debatable how the meat is prepared but I fully accept your points of criticism, even though these items are among the most popular ones on our menu.

Personally, I would also seldom return an item in a restaurant, so this review means a lot to me.

I truly understand that your expectations were high, knowing our reputation and that you wanted to experience our menu as the highlight on your last day of your stay in Zermatt. Since you have already departed from your hotel, it is more difficult for me to make amends and show you again the high standards that we have set for ourselves.

Please rest assured that I am looking into better consistency personally.

I would thoroughly enjoy welcoming you again to The Omnia in the future. I am just an email or a phone call away.

In the interim, I send you and your beloved ones my very best regards

London, UK
“Very enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at the Omnia a few years ago, and the restaurant has definitely got even better since then.

We had a glass of champagne in the bar (which was topped up for free), followed by three beautifully presented and tasty dishes.

In terms of a fine dining experience, Omnia is in the top 2/3 of the places in Zermatt out of the fifteen or so I have tried!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you very much for your compliments and more importantly for your kind loyalty. I am very pleased to learn that we have improved after your last stay with us.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again soon.

In the meantime stay well.

Ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
Moscow, Russia
“"Our customers don't care about the price"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Awful experience at Omnia restaurant. While we liked the food & the view, the service & arrogancy of personell was a major negative surprise. It turned out (unintentionaly) that we walked in with the bottle of our own champagne and asked the waitress if it was possible to open it for some charge ( we ordered some other spirits in parallel too). The answer was: "yes, no problem at all, it probably won't cost you anything". so we asked her to serve it along with other things that we ordered. Before leaving, one of our friends also asked for a glas of desert wine (not specifying the type) which was immediately delivered. Imagine what a surprise it was to see CHF60 charged to our bill for opening the champagne (kork charge) that we had. Surprisingly, the glass of desert wine was worth another CHF25, however, this type of wine wasn't even on the wine list while usual suspects were listed at a "normal" CHF9/glass. When we asked for explanation re:"kork charge" & desert wine price, the waiter arrogantly & rudely tried to intimidate us by saying that "our customers don't care about the price". Believe me, i've been to many Michelin-rated restaurants across the world and was never treated so offensively like here. People need to learn some good manners before claiming to be a "quality" restaurant as he put it. Worst experience in Zermatt, don't waste your time & chose some other place.

Visited March 2012
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your review and the comments shared therein. As a matter of fact we had discussed this incident during our management meeting, the following morning.

We pride ourselves in having a very forthcoming service generally, so I am rather surprised reading that our colleagues have not been up to our set standards.

Indeed, there is a corkage fee for any bottle that is served in the restaurant. In order to be fair to everyone, most other restaurants follow that principle too. That the colleague has said that there won’t be a charge is simply not true and I beg to differ.
As for the dessert wine, I see that you have been served a local sweet wine (in this case a Heida Beerenauslese from Valais) as per your friends wish. Usually we don’t serve this wine by the glass but we made an exception for you. This is the reason why it is not on the list under wines by the glass.

I sincerely regret that you have left our restaurant with a bad taste in your mouth. I also regret that you seem to have omitted to mention that our restaurant manager has promptly waived the corkage fee as well as the wine. It is certainly our highest aim to have happy and loyal guests.

In our opinion, it could have been a misunderstanding which is why we endeavoured to find a solution and a fair compromise. I hope you are at ease with this explanation.

Please feel free to contact me personally should you require further information.

Ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com