“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Quebec City, Canada
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stunning place, very good place to eat Raclette. Service was really good

Visited August 2011

Moehlin
“Historic venue with traditional food an wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

In the historic part of the old sion an amazing 1300 cellar with arched cellings makes room for a lovely friendly atmosphere restaurant. You have to try the fondue bachus with dear meat just great they have a great selection of surprinzingly good local wines.
Defo Worth ppopping in

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valais
“Nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

welcoming, good food, good service, in old stone wall cellar.

Sudbury, Canada
“Overall a very good restaurant experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Swiss fondue surpassed expectation : I have had it again and again 4 other times during my journey in Switzerland, and been longing for it since : a strong highlight of my trip. The welcome was not warm by the hostess. Another reviewer says that welcome left to be desired, perhaps it was the same hostess: I had a reservation from Canada, but she did not seem to be aware of any reservation from me. I must say she lighted up when she had an opportunity to give advice when I gave my order. Then, she became friendly, helpfull, and made me comfortable. Location is in the heart of Historic Sion, which was great. Feels like you are transported 400 years ago. There are many different dining rooms in the restaurant, so I can talk only for the one I’ve been in : it was vaulted, cozy, historic, very inspiring. I was not disappointed. Very good Swiss menu, with all the big hits you expect in Wallis, plus other choices for a change. The ‘assiette valaisanne’ ( Wallisser plate) is an assortment of dried local meats, witch are very tasty : a must try in Wallis. The cheese fondue was listed to be served only for two, but the hostess volunteered to ask that one be made for me even if I was alone. She very politely offered advice about my choice of wine, I aggreed to change my choice accordingly, and she was damn right : the match was great. Wallis wines a very diverse, well worth the try. To my knowledge, the only reason why we don’t find them in North America ( me at least) is low volume of production : it is almost all consumed locally. I understand them.
My fondue was the one with chanterelles (a type of mushrooms).
Overall, that was a magic Swiss night : magic operated… ‘ and we have a lift off !’
An unforgettable evening. Would go back anytime.

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky - USA
“Traditional foods of the Valais”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We had a wonderful time in this 13th Century cellar. It had an unusual ambiance and quite honestly was a little "stinky" but the food made up for it. We had their special, Fondue Bacchus, with beef and venison...it was a treat. We also had a bottle of Gamay wine that was perfect for the meal selection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere