“Lugano Switzerland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lugano

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Lugano
Directions
Lugano, Switzerland
“Lugano Switzerland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

There are so many things to do in Switzerland in the summer months other than snow skiing, there are some nice large lakes that are crystal clear with lots of fish or you can walk along trails with incredible views of large waterfalls, older villages that are still lived in that could be 600 or more years old, castles, churches, lots of special place to eat incredible specialty foods, and let’s not forget the fantastic cheese and fine wines which are produced in local villages. Summer time brings a lot of variety of colors of flower that bloom everywhere. The people are friendly. Lugano is a very nice place to visit, summer brings a lot of very nice music groups to the local villages without the large crowds.

“Refreshing and Serene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2004

Switzerland is everything I had envisioned it to, splendid, scenic, serene, calm, enchanting. Lugano is nestled in the foothills of the Swiss Alps. It winds around a gorgeous lake and is as quaint and charming as a city can possibly be. It is large enough to be interesting and captivating yet small enough to feel at home in. I loved being there with my daughter who is attending college there and with my other daughter who is 17. We took in Gandria (an hour walk north) which was surreal. We also took the train to a nearby chocolate factory, a great place to pick up treats for friends back home. I hope I can go back to climb one of the foothills someday. I stayed in the hotel part of the backpackers hostel. I was perfectly pleased with my accommodations. I could not have taken a more lovely trip.

“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2003

My family and I went to Lugano in October, and it was the best family vacation ever. My teenagers were able to find their way around the city with the simple bus system, and stay safe, as there was virtually no crime there. My husband and I were able to enjoy a romantic dinner and drinks, all with a beautiful view of Lake Lugano, and the surrounding mountains. We were able to drive into Italy in 20 minutes. Lugano also had great shopping, and a very nice museum. I absolutley had the best time of my life there, and so did the rest of my family.

“hiking in the alps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2002

Just outside of Lugano is a town called Miglielia. It's a charming small town, but it has one of the best attractions for the nature-lovers, the outdoorsy types, and anyone who enjoys a good view. There is a gondola that runs to the op of Monte Lema. It runs for most of the year, and at the top is a cafe. But the best part, is then going on to hike to Monte Tamaro. There are amazing views all along the way, and if given plenty of time, anyone could hike this route. (Going the other direction is more difficult.) Upon arriving at the other side is a church by famous architect Mario Botta- quite stunning.

Been to Lugano? Share your experiences!