“Friendly staff. Excellent restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Casorate Primo
“Friendly staff. Excellent restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I fully agree with other reviewers who liked this restaurant. I had an excellent evening. Very good Italian food, especially salads, and very reasonably priced - good value for money. The waitress was charming, spoke good English, and asked if we had been before. We hadn't so she offered to explain the menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hudson Valley, NY
“Personal service, great wine list, class act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Eating ain't cheap in Lugano. Get over it, and share your dishes. That's hat we did here at this classy, but informal, restaurant in beautiful, classy Lugano. Our first course was veal tartare with grana (yum), our second course was incollete (pasta) with seafood/tomato sauce (double-yum). We spent our shekels on Ticino wine, if which this restaurant has gobs. Plus, we got to hear free music wafting into the restaurant fom the festival in and around the downtown area. It's wonderful to go to a terrific restaurant and be treated like an adult. Did I mention the solicitous waitstaff?
Bravi!

• Visited June 2013
Northwich, United Kingdom
“A Very Enjoyable Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A lovely evening, very friendly and relaxed place, the weather outside was very wet so inside was full and people were getting turned away. Mixed meat and bruscheta starters, pasta course (with baby octopus on top) and a meat main course was all excellently presented and enjoybale to eat. I cannot remember what wine I had, the white to start was smooth, I normally don't drink white, and then the red wine went very well with the food, as did the grappa with the sorbet before the sweet after. I hope to return one day.

• Visited May 2013
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We went for dinner late in the evening without a reservation. Despite being busy they and getting ready to close the kitchen they made room for us.

The staff were extremely friendly and patient (my wife speaks a little Italian, I don't speak any) when explaining the menu. The food itself was simple but really very good and was served very quickly.

The waiters were also able to recommend some great wine. Just be careful as some of the wine is expansive by the glass. This is not helped by the fact that there are no prices displayed anywhere for the wine.

Overall I'd come back again for sure and would absolutely recommend the place to people looking for simple but good food with excellent wine in a place that clearly isn't a tourist trap.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Excellent food and relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was looking for a restaurant with good food, decent wine and a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant has a limited menu but extensive wine selection. The food is excellent and the wait staff will suggest wine with your meal if you don't know what to select. The clientele wore everything from jeans to fur coats so don't be put off and go in. You could tell people enjoyed the food and socializing here. I don't speak Italien but was still made to feel welcomed. One the staff did speak some English. Reservations are a must if you are planning to go during dinner time. I went after 9 and it was still crowded but was able to be seated without a reservation.

• Visited March 2013