“Nice Takeaway Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Lugano
“Nice Takeaway Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pizza D.O.C is a good place for pick-up food. It has sandwiches, pizzas, and salads for takeaway. The sandwiches are huge and mostly good with fresh focaccia bread. The salads are really simple and fresh and surprisingly inexpensive. I usually get "insalata mista" or "insalata con pollo" both are really good and pretty good portions. I would not recommend the pizza at this place, it is not inedible but sometimes it has a very plastic-like taste and the vegetables taste as if they have come out of a can. However the staff is friendly and the location is good as it is right next to the University.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Moscow, Russia
“Delicious focaccias for take away. Good price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Pizza D.O.C is one of my favorite take away places in Lugano. I always had a great experience taking my lunch sandwich (focaccia) from them. The guys who work at this pizza place are always friendly and helpful. If you want to chat – you can always come and have a nice conversation there.
They have a wide range of focaccias and pizzas. The reason I come there is to get the best focccia in the city. My personal choice and recommendation for other people: focaccia with speck and brie, focaccia with turkey or focaccia with prosciutto crudo. The average price for the order is 8 CHF plus you can get soft drinks (Rivella, Coke, Fanta, etc.) for extra 2-3 CHF. I personally did not have the greatest experience with pizza from Pizza D.O.C. Once I ordered pizza with the mushrooms and it did not contain fresh products. It was a bit of disappointment. The other day I ordered Hawaii pizza with pine apple and it was just delicious. So in my case the success choice of pizzas was 50/50%. Focaccia sandwiches instead were always nicely cooked and just awesome.
If you have 5 min time to get your food – this is the place to come!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pizza D.O.C.? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pizza D.O.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.