“Romantic dinner at the hotel restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Lido Seegarten
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Castagnola 24, Lugano 6900, Switzerland   |
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Lugano
Geneva, Switzerland
“Romantic dinner at the hotel restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We did not stay at this hotel but we had the pleasure to dinne at the restaurant. nice and romantic environment, profetional staff with the touch of elegance that unfortunately is disappearing. The food with the Italian touch was great.
Important, reservation at the restaurant strongly advisable......... If you get a table nothing else to say than Buon appetito.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Nice hotel lakeside, rooms OK. Funny thing I was having breakfast and sit at one of the few sunny tables for warmth. When I took out my Mac the waiter asked me to put it away or "move to the bar" (in the shadow and uncomfortable). When asked for an explanation he said "house rules". Ridicolous rules, lack of hospitality and stupid. I wonder what else a business traveler should beware of here?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hotel Lido Seegarten, is not fancy but it is very clean and the service is great. Stayed on the 4th floor, which is the top floor on this lake side hotel. Had 2 great meals at La Terrazza . Must try the Lasagne Emiliane, OMG, the best I have eatten in a long, long time.
Lugano seems to be a very safe city with some great places to eat and you can walk to them without worry. I must say, this is a very clean city and the folks are so chic.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

When arriving in Lugano, I found traffic difficult with drivers - as opposed to Europe north of this place - not being very considerate or anticipating. Eventually, I just parked at a bus stop, and ran towards the nearest hotel I saw. It turned out to be the Lido. They had no single room, but instead a double room. Since I've been staying at different Ibis hotels, for basically less than half the price here, I said it was a bit expensive for me. The receptionist then helpfully named another nearby hotel I could try. However, due to the car situation, etc, I chose Lido.
Car parking was outdoors, at a parking space nearby. I had to ask the receptionist if I had parked my car at the correct place. The car was visible from the hotel entrance, so the receptionist only had to move herself 3 meters to see it. She said I had parked it OK, but in such a nonchalant way I got a bit confused anyway.
The room had a balcony. When looking out of the window, I also noticed they had a swimming pool. Also, the geographical view was beautiful, as others have pointed out.
I wasn't very impressed with the service. I found the receptionists a bit nonchalant, and they was hardly at all polite or so.
I got a good sleep.
As usual at hotels, I didn't have breakfast (I don't have much of an apetite in the morning).
When checking out, I again found the receptionists nonchalant and almost unpolite. Not very friendly, interested, helpful or service-minded. I almost felt a bit uncomfortable and unwelcome. During my stay, I also had no information whatsoever about the possibilities of using the swimming pool or other facilities (?) at the hotel. No questions or interest regarding if I enjoyed my stay, or wondered about something, or needed some sort if help or assistance.
My final question (it may sound as if I asked a lot, but my total interaction with staff lasted for a maximum of 3 or so minutes) was about finding a beach. Again a nonchalant answer. No map, and obviously no writing on the map pointing out how to find a nearby beach. The instructions again was nonchalant. I turned out to walk the wrong direction (I think), walking for 15-20 minutes without finding the beach. Later I found what I think they meant. It was at the opposite direction (towards the center of the town), just a few minutes from the hotel.
I had travelled far, and it's a bit sad that the staff managed to make me feel unwelcome rather than welcome.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Great view, it seems to be in the middle of the lake.
Very good swimming pool.
Good bar.
At the end a very nice hotel I would definetilly reccomend it!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Inspite of some negative reviews, we drove by and since we were tired of driving in heavy traffic, we decided to check it out. It is one of only a few hotels to have a waterfront property, most are across the street from the lake. It was more expensive than we usually like, but it is Switzerland, and travel bargains are hard to find. We were travelling with our daughter, age 21, and needed space. They had a large corner room with a king and a twin (302), with two balconies overlooking the lake and mountains. Without a doubt it was the most beautiful view we ever had. The furniture was not elegant, but it was satisfactory. The room was very clean and quiet. The bathroom was clean and had all we needed. The floor was carpeted, the bathroom with marble tile. The cost for three with breakfast was 425 euros. Lake view doubles started at 320, mountain/street side doubles started at 260 euros. The euro at this time was $1.24 and falling. The desk was helpful, perhaps a bit formal by American standards, but ready to help. The breakfast was of high quality, scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, sausages, cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, juice, and pleanty of coffee. Parking was free, but the wireless internet cost 25 euros for a day. The fitness center was on the roof, and you could work out with a view that was out of this world.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

This hotel has a wonderfull view of Lake Lugano, i recomended a lot

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple