“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Lugano
New Jersey
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in November. It was just what was offered and it looked just like it was pictured in the site. I enjoy art quite a bit and the art pieces around the hotel, in the bedroom, around the hallway and all over made the stay much more enjoyable. The hosts are quite informative and very helpful. It was great to chat with them and learn a bit more about Switzerland in this Italian city. Hope you like the picture. Mr. Frog got my attention from the first time I visited the website and then I had to snap a pic with it :)

Room Tip: Ask the host, you'll get an honest answer
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at Albergo Stella for one night before boarding the Palm Express to St. Moritz. I went in November, during off season, and expected Lugano to be very low key. As soon as I arrived, someone helped bring my bags upstairs and I was immediately checked in by the very friendly, welcoming owner. My room was perfect for one person: very comfortable, nice, and clean. I had booked the room at the last minute and I noticed that some other rooms had balconies or views of the back garden: I'd suggest asking for one of those if possible. My room was facing the street but it was still very nice - no complaints! The hotel is a 5 min walk from the train station and also very close to downtown Lugano and the lakefront. Breakfast was fantastic. I really liked the carefully selected artwork and overall aesthetic of the hotel: simple but elegant for what it is. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the garden, or a room with a balcony, if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We very much enjoyed our two nights at Stella. The hotel is a very short walk from the train station in a quiet space in between office buildings. The hotel's staff, led by Daniel, was extremely friendly and welcoming. Our room was small (especially the bathroom) but had a huge and beautiful balcony what we enjoyed using. Every morning they put out a nice fresh continental breakfast. We strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights. This small, family owned hotel is just up a little from the train station and the lakefront. No one was at the desk but they were readily available. And helped with the luggage-thank you! The breakfast was simple but fresh, nice choices and served in a bright, aerie room.It was raining while I was there so couldn't take advantage of the pool but it looked nice. My room was simply furnished and very clean. No problems with water pressure or availability of hot water-plenty of both! My room was facing the street so I could hear street noise with the window open. Couldn't hear anything with the window closed. I never heard any of the other guests either. The friendly and knowledgeable owner arranged for an early morning taxi ride to the airport. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We are lucky that we booked in this hotel,good location,near for everything,all good restaurant around and all activities just nearby,the room was fine,very clean and you will ashame to use their towels and beddings so white and clean,the Best breakfast we had and the important the owner was there and he was a nice guy,thanks Daniel
Tips: Don't hesitate to ask him for anything you wanna know,where to go and where to eat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a great find. In what is often a very expensive country, this haven offers great value, service, delicious breakfasts and location. Plus a beautiful garden and pool - just a shame I was on business. A MUST but keep it quiet!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a gem to reach the end of a long day's travel! -- Helpful knowledgeable staff and breakfast the best ever. -- Even a quiet seat by the pool for early morning reading. -- Two minutes walk from train station. -- We stayed just one night (in two rooms) and were refreshed to tackle the bus and boat to Bellagio, Italy the following morning.
Would definitely recommend Albergo Stella to friends. And stay there again if ever back in Lugano.
Thank you Daniel and Alexandra Hahne!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Albergo Stella Hotel? Share your experiences!