My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The staff were friendly and helpful and during check in the hotel shock when the funicular went past. It seems strange that a hotel was built over a funicular and parts of the hotel obviously suffer from the noise. Only a faint rumbling could be heard from our room 214.
Our room was small and stuffy with very strange angles. The bed was small and uncomfortable. The flat screen TV with several English channels was the highlight. The bathroom had a glass shelf over the loo. My partner knocked his head on the corner off the shelf and wounded his head. The shelf is difficult to see.
The view from the window was of a wall that had works of art hung on it. Some effort had been made to improve the view.
The hotel is easy to find and centrally located.
Not bad value by Swiss standards and may have reflected the noisy location. Would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benvenuti all'Acquarello Il nostro albergo e situato nel centro citta, sulla zona pedonale, a pochi passi dal Lago di Lugano, nelle vicinanze del Palazzo dei Congressi, del Casino di Lugano, del Padiglione Conza (centro esposizioni) e della stazione FFS. Il nostro albergo a conduzione familiare e la sosta di chi certa un alloggio economico ed elegante. Hotel Acquarello (Ex Cristallo) e stato recentemente rinnovato ed ora puo offrire ai suoi clienti, nel quadro della rinomata ospitalita svizzera, tutto il confort che si meritano. Tutte le aree pubbliche e le camere sono NON FUMATORI e gli animali non sono ammessi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Albergo Acquarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Acquarello Lugano
- Albergo Acquarello Hotel Lugano