We recently spent a weekend at the Hotel Pestalozzi. Though listed as a three-star hotel in various on-line forums, the sign on the door says it is only a two-star establishment. The sign looked as though it was recently updated, so it's possible this is a newer development
- The room was fairly affordable, but Swiss standards
- The room was clean
- The breakfast was a nice amenity, though nothing fancy (cereal, coffee, cheese, and some cold cuts)
- The location is great. We had a view of the lake right from our room and we bordered Parco Civico. We were also a short walk from the city center.
- The hotel may have been recently renovated, but I debate the definition of recent. The common areas were pleasant enough, but the room needed a coat of paint as there were numerous areas that had chipped or peeling paint.
- The walls in our room had a huge crack that ran from a corner about a foot down
- The furniture was dorm like and very basic linens (though they did provide ample blankets)
- The windows are thin and you can hear everything if you have a room that borders a main street
- The whole idea of leaving your keys when you leave the hotel just seems weird to me
Overall, the hotel served a purpose - a last minute, affordable room in a town in a country known for being expensive. Would I stay again? Possibly, but only if I couldn't find another room that was near enough (i.e. within 75 CHF) the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your vacation at the Hotel Pestalozzi Lugano and forget about everyday life! In the centre - close to the Lake of Lugano - a world full of architecture, hospitality and holiday fun awaits you! Attractive rates - newly renovated rooms Enjoy the Lake and the city of Lugano first hand. The Hotel Pestalozzi Lugano is situated directly in the city centre and is open for you all year round. Over the past years the hotel was completely renovated with love for detail and architectural highlights. Choose your ideal accommodation among the categories Flair or Economy- for your vacation in Ticino or for a business trip to Lugano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Pestalozzi Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestalozzi Hotel Lugano