I picked this hotel as it offered a 1 bedroom suite accommodation. It also appeared to offer good quality and good value.Be warned the hotel is up a very steep hill. As we arrived by rail we asked to be picked up from the station , this happened but as with everything in the hotel the was no finesse , the porter was there, but it was made onlyu because it was his job and guests were causing an inconvenience. As we checked in there were sweets but none were offered to our son . The hotel I would have thought to be fairly Italianate but it was more Japanese furniture and a mismatch of oriental and european styles. Do not expect much storage space. We had one small wardrobe for 3 people no draws on bedside cabinets. The biggest waste of space was the hidden kitchen area. This was hidden behind some cane doors and seem to take up nearly a quarter of the room. The room did have 2 balconies one facing the hotel car park which caught the afternoon sun and had no chairs , the other had chairs and good view of the lake but never got the sun. The pool is small 6 people in and it was full and there is no outside area to sit . The only good thing was the restaurant but do not expect a children's menu it does not exist. The food was of a good standard . If you have a lake view room you can expect road and rail noise all day and night as the rooms over look the main Gotthard Railway and the road up from Lugano to servaral villages , as well as one of the park and ride bus routes.. The hotel advertises a turn-down service this happens at about 6-630pm just as most people are getting ready for dinner. If you happen to be in the room nothing is done. The hotel advertises Bulgari toiletries in their suites , they may appear on your arrival but do expect any further toiletries for the rest of your stay. The TV service is a joke , I do not expect a small wall mounted TV in a 4 star hotel these days. The hotel is nearer a 3star+ than a true four star , where the customer satisfaction should come before the staff convenience. The hotel needs to decide if they are going to apply themselves to providing a true 4 star service or just hope nobody ever notices the deficiencies in service levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, Italian designer hotel with recreational facilities; overlooking lake from a serene hill; walking distance to the center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso Lugano
- Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso Hotel Lugano