The hotel was located in a very quiet part of town, across the road from a small railway station. It is a little hard to find at first and cost about CHF20 from the rail terminal.
** Tip - the hotel has a shuttle!!!! Ring from where ever you are and they will pick you up. **
Rooms were comfortable but could do with a bit of renovation. It was hot when we were there and the lack of air conditioning meant that we needed to keep the window open which meant security wasn't good. We decided to lock the window and opt for the fan. It was okay but not great.
Apart from that the hotel was lovely. Good facilities (including a great indoor pool area), quiet location and a great full breakfast.
The hotel is a short walk to the lake but a decent walk from the heart of Lugano. Probably not walking distance for the frail, elderly or those with young children.
The hotel (as most do in Europe) had free WIFI but it could only be accessed in the lobby which was a pit of a pain but the comfortable lounges meant it was manageable.
Staff were wonderful, treat people nicely and they'll respond well. They even organised a cab to the railway station on check out because their shuttle was already booked. Can't ask for more than that.
Overall we'd be happy to go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, Italian designer hotel with recreational facilities; overlooking lake from a serene hill; walking distance to the center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso Lugano
- Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso Hotel Lugano