I stayed in this hotel for three nights and it was one of the worst experiences that I ever had.
- RUDE staff. Receptionist has OVERCHARGED me by 25 CHF, and when I tried to explain she refused any explanation. The refund was made only after the call to booking.com and a Scandal with the receptionist. When I've asked about it, I get an answer that it is my problem to call and to prove anything to them.
- Always long queues on reception. It took 15 minutes just to wait for my turn to check out. There are huge groups of tourists in the hotel and they are not able to serve them all.
- Stupid uncomfortable system with a lift. It goes only with the room key and system works one time out of three. The room keys are frequently demagnetizing after a day use and you cannot access you room or even your floor!
- When I needed to park car I had to leave it in front of the parking and go to the reception for the first time. The automatic opening was not working. The parking was overcrowded and there were lots of cars.
- The room was fine, but a bit scratched. Worst thing was the loud noise of the construction site, which was nearby. On my vacations I woke up at 7 a.m. because of the loud noise from it.
Just imagine the thing: you parked your car on the parking and you cannot enter the hotel as the entrance is also by the card, which is demagnetized. You call to the reception and then you come to the reception and wait in the queue as you can not reach your floor. Then you come to the lift and wait, as there are huge groups coming in it. Then you get into the lift, but the system doesn't recognize you and you go to the 7th floor instead of 3rd. And than again - it could last for 15 minutes surfing in the lift.
Terrible experience with the staff, I never saw receptionist arguing about the rates and overcharging me straight away. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in July 2012, this hotel is situated in Lugano-Paradiso, not far from the town's historic center, sophisticated shops and conference center. Open year round, the ibis hotel is an ideal base for business trips, relaxing vacations and restful weekends. The hotel boasts modern and elegant soundproofed rooms offering maximum comfort, as well a bar and breakfast room. Free WIFI access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Lugano Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.