A most ordinary hotel.
First, very few positives......
1. It's in the City Centre and almost next door to the convenient Bus Services.
2. Pleasant and courteous Front Office Staff
Negatives... so many.....
Ordinary Rooms, Very Ordinary Bathrooms. No vent in the bathrooms.
Lift seems to be of 1940s.
The Floor Passages look more of a hospital than a hotel.
Very Ordinary Breakfast and most uncourteus and unresponsive Restaurant staff. They behave as if they are doing a favour to the guests.
Room Service Staff are very rude and uncourteus. We are pure vegetarians from India and hence we were carrying some Indian Food with us on our 15 day vacation to Paris and Switzerland. So, we promptly called up the Room Service and requested them to send us 2 Empty Dinner Plates and Spoons. But the Gentleman who picked up the line was very rude and said that they don't do any charity and it will cost us 10 CHF if he has to come and give these to us and banged the phone.
There are better and courteous ways to say no to the guests but........
My advice to these staffs is that there Salaries are paid only from the Revenues which the hotel gets from it's guests and hence they should send these people for an HR Personality Development Training Programme.
Last but not the least, there is no Wi Fi in the rooms. Wi Fi is available only in the Lobby. So you have to come down every time you want to use the Internet which is very irritating....
Overall a very bad experience and I advise my friends to go there only if there is no other choice........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre welcomes you to Ticino!The hotel is located in the residential area of Lugano Paradiso, a few steps from the lake shore and the city centre. Its proximity to the highway exit Lugano South (only 200 m.), Agno Airport and the Exhibition ground is an unquestionable plus.Situated just behind the hotel, the funicular of San Salvatore climbs upward to the summit allowing wonderful views over the landscape. A typical train slogs up Monte Generoso which is an ideal starting point for excursions at altitude. Monte Lema is perfect for skiers and Monte Tamaro houses an Adventure Park for reckless sportsmen.The neighbourhoods offer plenty of chances for amusement, such as the three Casinos of Lugano, Campione d Italia and Mendrisio, attached to the shopping centre Fox Town housing several outlets with over 250 famed brands (Adidas, Armani, Dior, Gucci, Nike...). Shopping buffs can satisfy their cravings strolling around Via Nassa.The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre has 92 standard and superior rooms, provided with air conditioning, Pay TV and ADSL Internet access. Guests can make the most of a gym, an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool on the panoramic terrace, a sauna and a solarium, as well as the Nelson Restaurant and the Admiral Bar. A well-equipped meeting room can accommodate up to 50 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Admiral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lugano Centre Hotel Lugano
- Lugano Holiday Inn