- The hotel was very clean and classy, bathroom was big and comfy, nice decoration, lots of light in daytime. Once you've closed the curtains, no lights will disturb your sleep even if the sun is up, as they are big thick curtains which is very pleasant when you like snuggling in bed in the morning.
Big space! I like big spaces!
- I don't speak Italian at all, but luckily the staff could speak either French or English, as well as being very welcoming and friendly. The receptionist explained everything very clearly in French for my boyfriend and i, &could answer every question if we had any.
- The room had a relaxing smell, i don't know if it was anything special, but it was feeling very fresh every time i would pop in the room. Beds were always made nicely, with a little chocolate left on the pillows after the room service came over. Free wifi &minibar is included, so do not hesitate to pick an ice tea or a sparkly drink in the fridge!
- Very well located, 5 minutes walk from the lake, not far from the funicular railway that goes up to the "Monte San Salvatore" [You MUST go &check this view out] + there's a "Migros" &"Denner" [market / store] just in front of the hotel if you forgot anything at home and need to buy a product for a cheap price, this a good deal! [ I'd suggest Denner first (; ]
- Cannot say anything about the hotel's restaurant as i didn't go there at all, but i would still enjoy a cocktail or cappuccino in the evening at the bar after a dinner out (:
Although the breakfast was awesome! Big buffet from 7:30 to 10:30 am is served with fruit salad, bread / toasts, cereals, eggs / bacon, jams, yogurts, cheese, fruit juices / coffee / teas / milk etc! Enjoyed every breakfast sitting in the sun by the swimming pool [which is very warm!] (:
- The walls are not soundproof... I don't know about the other rooms, but mine was literally the first one on the left out the elevator, which means i could hear every single person talking in front of the door when they were waiting for the lift to come up.. Wasn't too bad, only if the customers were speaking loud, but hopefully you will get a room who's a bit farther in the corridor, ahah
Although i've never heard anything / noise / conversations from the rooms near mine, it was mainly concerning the corridor, so i guess you still have your privacy in your room :P
- Do not take this as a negative note, i think this was just a dysfunction in my room that can be fixed, rather than a general problem concerning all the rooms in the hotel, but during the second night there was a shrill noise coming out of the air conditioning in the room, which woke us up very early and stopped after about 10 minutes. We had no idea what was the cause of this noise. It wasn't too strong or too loud, but still, we couldn't sleep and had to wait for it to stop. It happened on the last day as well, but this time it was 12 pm [Actually on the time we had to leave the room] so we informed the receptionist that the noise was there again and she sent someone to have a look right after we left. I guess it's been fixed now (:
Hope this was helpful &that you will enjoy your stay! xoxo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situato in prossimita del lago di Lugano e a pochi passi dal centro, con un ampio parcheggio privato, a cinque chilometri dall'aeroporto e un chilometro dalla stazione, l'Hotel de la Paix e lieto di accogliervi col calore e la cordialita del suo staff plurilingue. Le 131 camere e suite, dotate tutte di aria condizionata, TV satellitare, Minibar, Telefono, connessione Wireless, sono pronte a soddisfare i bisogni del turismo piu esigente e moderno sia per vacanza che per affari. La terrazza giardino, con piscina estiva riscaldata e portico, e il luogo ideale per un momento di relax e di svago ammirando la splendida conca di Lugano. Due sono i ristoranti, con cucina italiana ed internazionale. Il NEPTUNE, affacciato sul giardino, offre un ambiente tranquillo e raffinato. AL BARILOTTO, in tipico stile rustico e informale, e noto per le sue specialita alla griglia e le pizze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hotel de la Paix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De La Paix Lugano
- De La Paix Hotel