“Never experienced such good friendly service ever before” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Lugano
Geneva, Switzerland
“Never experienced such good friendly service ever before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Usually, I tend to chose more upscale/luxury hotel, but thanks to all the good reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel, we decided to stay for few nights at the Lugano Dante hotel.
FANTASTIC choice!
The staff is indeed BRILLIANT!
The staff is what makes this hotel so good!
The hotel itself is comfortable, very clean and very well-located, but certainly not pretty, and no special view.
But we loved it! The staff is so friendly and helpful. Do not hesitate to ask them where to eat : they advised us 2 great places (Cucina di Alice, and Grotto Antico in Bioggio).
Breakfast was VERY good - lots of choices (though in a slightly dark room - only thing I would change in this hotel).
If we go back to Lugano, we will definitely stay in this hotel again.

NB: the hotel doesn't have a restaurant (but plenty of good restaurants around).
And if you come with a car, do have a look at their parking system - quite extraordinary. Simply brilliant!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed for two nights,and enjoyed our visit. The hotel was clean, and the staff was a friendly as any I've encountered in Europe. We arrived by buy from Lake Como, and the hotel was a 20 minute walk from the bus-stop, made easier with Google Maps on an iPhone. If you arrive by rail, it literally is a funicular ride down the hill to the hotel. Very close to shopping, the lake and some fine restaurants, this hotel is expensive but still a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is the most service oriented hotel I have ever stayed in. They anticipate your every need. They offer you one free beverage or ice cream when you come. I got ice cream for my son, but the lady offered me some as well. They have coffee and rolls in the lobby as well as candy to snack on. When we went to check out they asked if we would like snacks for the road. They gave us some water as well. The location is great. The air conditioning could be a little stronger other than that, the hotel is perfection

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the first hotel we stayed in on our Switzerland trip. The problem with this was that all the following hotels we stayed in paled into insignificance.
The best things about the hotel were;
The location - just a few minutes walk to the lake and shops
The breakfast - words can't explain how plentiful and tasty it was.
The service - All the staff were so friendly and helpful. Staff regularly gave toys to my young son.
The only downside was that the room was small and there wasn't a view.
I would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a very good stay at the hotel. I was in a single room with a great bed - amenities were excellent. Hotel was pricey but with a great location it was worth the value. One problem which prevents a 5 star rating. The shower is very, very small! There was no bath tub in the room. Literally if you drop the soap you may not have been able to bend down and get it without opening the door. This was not a problem for me but the couple I was traveling with had problems. I guess this was part of "saving space" during the renovation but troubling at the price you are paying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's very hard to find fault with this place. It's adjacent to the bottom of the funicular down from the station, so incredibly convenient and easy to find, and located in the heart of the shops and restaurants and only a stone's throw from the lake. The staff are welcoming and helpful, the rooms are nicely appointed and everything is spotlessly neat and clean. It also seems like extremely good value to me, although I admit I don't know what else you could get in Lugano for the same money.
Whilst nicely decorated and well-equipped, my room was extremely small, with an even tinier bathroom that was just about large enough to fit a shower cubicle and the other essentials. As I was travelling alone and staying only a single night, this was more than adequate (and I was also on a corporate rate, which may explain their choice of room), but it's probably worth specifying at the time of booking if you want something with room to swing a cat, as I gather their rooms come in all shapes and sizes.
The breakfast, much commented on in other reviews, is certainly quite something. As someone who is typically happy with a slice of toast and a cup of coffee, I don't typically pay much attention to the breakfast offering, but like others I was struck by the extraordinary range, which included not only the obvious pastries, cereals and cold cuts, but also, among other things, pasta salads, entire cakes and a bucket of carrots for making your own juice. Goodness knows who's idea of breakfast that is.
I will certainly stay here again on return trips to Lugano and wouldn't hesitate in recommending others to do the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

There is so much to share about this wonderful hotel, its management and staff. Let me start from the beginning. As a family we travel a lot and visited many European and American destinations, however this hotel and its staff proved to me that there is so much people can do to make your stay a memorable one. From the time I did the reservation I was pleasantly surprised by receiving a personal welcome message from the manager as well as link to the personal hotel portal where we could do online check-in. I do not want to spoil your experience with more details, but it was great and made my whole family wanting to come there sooner :-). At the time of the arrival we were met by very friendly porter who took care of our car and our bags and accompanied us to the reception. The hotel has such customer experience, I cannot write about all of it, but from small Swiss chocolates in the passage to sweets for kids, relaxed luounge, free wifi, etc....We were overwhelmed right from the arrival. Reception lady was great, explained everything to us in good English and pointed to the many things we can do and see in Lugano. Our room (we booked suite for 2 adults and 2 kids) was great, enough space for everyone, Nespresso machine, free mini fridge with still and sparking water and many more cool things which you will discover when you get there. Bathroom was good with a glass shower and great amenities. Bed had excellent quality mattress and linen. Every afternoon hotel has a happy hour , if you buy a drink you get lots of snacks and kids were extremely happy to nibble. Hotel staff is extremely friendly ( I mean it, every single person was friendly and treated us like their family). I'm a Gold member in many large branded hotels, but trust me, I was treated like Double-Platinum guest in Lugano Dante Center. The whole family felt like it the entire stay. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and every night restaurant suggestion was great, breakfast is excellent catering for all tastes (watch out for the amazing Frappuccino machine, we could not have enough). We parked our car at the hotel all the time and just walked around as hotel is located right at the center of Lugano, 3min walk from the promenade and all best spots are right next to it. it took us 20min to walk to the Cable car station along the promenade and it was perfect time even for kids. There is so much I can say, but simply, this place will stay with us and definitely next time in Lugano, this is the place to stay and be.

Room Tip: We had a suite room and it was perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. Rooms are clean, quite and very...