“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Lugano
Cumberland, RI
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am presently staying here and absolutely love it. I do not know how anyone can complain about this hotel. Everything is superb. I am staying with a group from the United States and the staff here have gone out of their way to accommodate us. The food is absolutely fabulous as is the service. It is extremely clean and in a great location with a spectacular view. I highly recommend Grand Hotel Eden.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear “cwilli4518”,
I am very pleased to read your positive comments, especially the one concerning the positive attitude and friendliness our staff.

I thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcome you back again in one of your future stay here in Lugano.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

An truly fascinating location, definitely the best in Lugano. Outstanding reception staff, particularly Sonia. Very helpful waiters at Breakfast. The Buffet breakfast is very passe and could definitely do with some imagination. Charging 10 Euro for a freshly cooked egg, in a Buffet is surely not acceptable.

The view in the hotels right on the lake is awesome. The rooms and the bathrooms in the main building are larger and redone. The entire hotel is a little tired and could definitely do with some face-lift.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear “BSK111”,

Thank you for sharing your review about the Grand Hotel Eden with other travellers. I am glad you could experience the friendliness of our staff and enjoy the beautiful views from your room.

Myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming you back again in one of your future visits to Lugano.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel has a lovely location on the Lake. Rooms were comfortable, but decor a bit bizarre - lots of animal prints floating around. But nothing could surpass the lovely breakfast with views of the Lake.

It's a bit of a walk to town, but that is on the glorious promenade - so who minds?

Room Tip: Get a view of the Lake!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear mgold040,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Eden for your recent stay and for taking the time to wright and share your review with the Tripadvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the lovely breakfast with lake view and also the comfort of our rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back again in one of your future visits to Lugano.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel has no doubt the best location in Lugano in my opinion. Still close to the city centre, but just on a lake with stunning view. Although I LIKE to stay there and did already many times, got in general one problem with this place: this is NOT a 5* hotel from my perspective. The rooms are comfortable (I love absolutely most cozy slippers!) however not my style (kind of flashy black furniture decorated with silver ornaments). The elevators are very old. Overall the lobby and the rest of the hotel is a kind of a strange mix between poor old and “new luxury”. Service is usually nice and helpful. Breakfast… well fresh orange juice (although delicious) doesn’t make 5* breakfast itself… :( The menu didn’t change for years and it’s just poor. Scrambled eggs- uneatable. If at least the crossaints were fresh and crunchy I would survive with no complains, but they are NOT :(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear KA_and_MA,
First of all thank you for being a loyal guest and for returning to the Grand Hotel Eden. This is our best reward!

As we take our guests’ comments at heart, we are very pleased to read your positive ones like room comfort and service helpfulness but also the negative ones like general décor and breakfast menu selection.

Be assured that we will make a good use of your recommendations which have made us already working on our breakfast presentation and menu selection.

Myself with my team are looking forward to welcoming you back again next time here at the Grand Hotel Eden.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had a Lago Lugano view and what lovely sight to wake up to every morning. The hotel was busy with a melting pot of guests on both business and pleasure.

I enjoyed the on lake restaurant and bar and the service was very good and everyone was very eager to assist, even if English language was limited but it is always customary to try and learn a little of the language for tourists. Many guests from other hotels would come and enjoy the bar and restaurant as it is very unique.

The reception staff are very good and the décor of the hotel is old world however a modern hotel would not be in keeping with the rest of Lugano.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden and for your positive comments shared on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you could experience the friendliness of our staff and enjoy the beautiful views from your room and the unique position and personalized service of our restaurant and bar.

Together with my team, I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back at the Grand Hotel Eden.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel is placed in a ghost town. There are lots of buildings, but no people. As a family of five we did not enjoy our experience. To get to our room we had to take a pathway underneath the hotel, take two elevators to get to our rooms. The hotel is poorly decorated. The bathrooms were large but the shower was tiny and the water would come out from under the glass. I would not stay there again or recommend it. They only good thing was the view.

Room Tip: On the water
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden and for your personal review.

I read your observations and I am very sorry that your overall experience in our hotel didn’t meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Perhaps Lugano-Paradiso (where the hotel is located) is not busy as you probably expected but I am sure that you have enjoyed the possibility to walk around the city or along the lake without worry about security or safety measures for yourself and your family.

With the hope to have another opportunity to welcome you the Grand Hotel Eden, I remain,

Your Sincerely
zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Eden for 4 nights with our 8 monrh old daughter and honestly expected to be shunned for bring a.baby to the hotel. On our arrival they had a shuttle bus for us (need to request it) and check-in was fast. All the staff were very happy to see our daughter, no aggression about her at all. They were actually happy to see her everyday. The service to the rooms was excellent, nothing nicer than brakfast on the balcony with a view ofthe lake at no extra cost. The restaurant had a wonderful service with delicious and perfectly cooked food. All in all, it was a great experience and we will be returning to the hotel next time we are in Lugano.

Thr only thing that was a problem was the baby bed they offered...it was a travel bed and had a support in the middle. This meant that our daughter kept rolling into the corners and would cry because she couldn't get out and would only sleep im the main bed which thankfully is big enough for all 3 with rolling space and elbow room for everyone.

• Stayed June 2012
MTLugano, Direttore at Grand Hotel Eden, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear “kitty085”,
Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Eden.
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the warm welcome and kind attention given to your baby daughter. It is furthermore pleasant to read that you enjoyed the nice breakfast served in your room as well as the dining experience at our Restaurant Oasis. I personally thank you for the nice comments and review title!

On the other hand, I am very sorry to notice that the baby bed offered was not comfortable, but since I have read your comments, I have decided to replace any uncomfortable baby cot with new ones. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I am likewise anxious to have another opportunity to show you that your useful advice have not been expressed for nothing and therefore I look forward to your next visit in Lugano.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Hotel Eden? Share your experiences!