Overall is a pretty nice place - located right on the lake, and in the middle of the tourist area. The place is a little out-dated, but in a charming kind of way. The brekky is great - more than enough to fill you up - and all of the staff in the bar and restaurant were lovely.
The rooms are nice, though the bathrooms are really pokey and hardly any toiletries. Also, the shower is handheld. And no exhaust fan in there so it gets really steamy.
The wifi in the common areas was good, and quick, but didnt reach to our room at the end of the corridor, so we had to sit outside the room in the hallway to use the wifi, which is not airconditioned and was stuffy (and also you feel a bit strange sitting out there...)
Overall, was not perfect, but I would maybe stay there if ever in Lugano again, mainly for the nice staff and the sort of dated charm of the place - feels a bit like the 1960s with the faded pool chairs, giant chess board and games room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel