My husband and I spent 9 nights in this wonderful old hotel-we upgraded to a front room with lake views- we were on the 4th floor with 2 balconies and the views were stunning. The hotel is very elegant with very clean and comfortable furnishings, a lovely bar on the first floor- and free Internet access-always a bonus! The breakfasts were good with lots of choice and the waiters were very attentive at all times. The only issues were an old air con in the bedroom which was not very effective and the daily menus in the lifts which only appeared in Italian-not very helpful to see at a glance what was on offer. Very convenient for walking to both the the funicular for the railway station and also into the old centre of town for all the restaurants and bars. A good central position for all the attractions and trips- we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel